35

Wanted to give you guys something back for every read, comment & vote. So here's another chapter.
The last one in 2020.
Have a great start in 2021!

Harry's POV

Harry couldn't sleep. He stared at the ceiling and turned around every minute. Why was everything so unfair? Why couldn't he just be happy with Louis? Because you don't deserve him, he thought. Pressing his lips together he exhaled deeply.
To distract himself, Harry sat up and took his phone. When he looked at the time it was 5:32 AM. Of course another sleepless night.
He had come back from the gym session with Zayn four hours ago and hadn't slept a minute.

He read some tweets on Twitter and liked posts on Instagram when he saw that Eleanor was online. Suddenly the urge to know what she thought and felt hit him and he texted her.

From: Harry
To: Eleanor
"Are you up already? -H".

Within seconds she replied.
From: Eleanor
To: Harry
"Yup. U too?"

From: Harry
To: Eleanor
"Mind to come over? Talk? -H"

From: Eleanor
To: Harry
"Sure. I'll be over in two minutes"

He put his phone aside and got up. The sun was starting to rise when he quickly put on some clothes. It knocked at the door and he opened it, letting Eleanor inside. She was wearing her morning gown and gave him a little smile.
"Morning, Harry"
"Good morning, El. Did you sleep well?"
She sat down on the little couch next to the bed and Harry sat down on his bed. "I did, thanks. You too?"
"Absolutely" She gave him another smile, hearing the sarcasm in his voice. They kept quiet for a little time and Harry tried to figure out how to ask her until the words just slipped over his lips.

"Do you love him?"
Eleanor looked at him clearly suprised by the question. "I do" His heart dropped as she stopped. Harry looked away and focused on the pillow in his hands.
"But not the way you do. I love him like a brother. He's my best friend. Nothing more but nothing less"

Harry looked back at her, relieved.
"Really?"
Eleanor nodded. "Really. Haz, stop thinking that you have any competitors. This man loves you with all his heart, he always did. I know he doesn't show that often. But he does. He never looked at me the way he looks at you. You are his world. Today, as soon as he saw you with Zayn, I could tell he was jealous. He just wants to be with you. Openly"
Harry bit his bottom lip, thinking about her words before he spoke up. If he wanted to be with him, he would do something. They would together.

"I want that too.. Simon- the whole situation is so fucked up. I'm sorry I didn't notice"
"You couldn't. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you. It was just- it's not only a job Harry. My career relies on this as well. I don't want this either. So if you have any idea how we can get out of this without...losing. I'll be happy to join"
He nodded and gave her a little smile.
"I'm working on it. Thanks El"

Eleanor stood up, heading for the door. She turned around before she left, looking at him. "I haven't seen him that happy in years. Find a way out of this, Harry. Please. You both deserve happiness"
One last smile and she was gone leaving him alone with his thoughts again. He stood up and entered the bathroom to take a shower. He had to think about everything again.

As soon as he felt the hot water running down his skin, Harry relaxed. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes. Being back with Louis was everything he had wished for these last years, a believable explanation for their breakup. At the same time it was the most frightening situation. He could not lose Louis again, getting over him had been the hardest thing he had ever done. He wouldn't do that again. He couldn't. That's why they had to figure out a way out of this situation with Simon. Harry wouldn't hide. He had finally reached a state of mind in which he wouldn't want to hide anymore. He wasn't afraid of people anymore. The only thing he was afraid of was being hurt and losing Louis.
We found wonderland. You and I got lost in it. Time was never worse but never better.
He started humming the song and showered. Somehow he was confident they would find a way out.

When Harry left the shower, the sun was already shining outside. He chose beige cloth trousers and matched them with a flannel shirt. He did his hair and put some lotion on his face and his cologne on parts of his throat.

He was the first one to be at the breakfast table and sat down. A young waitress greeted him and brought him the orange juice he ordered. He thanked her and started talking to her. He got to know that it was her third day of work here and she had been a Directioner for 7 years now. Harry just had to promise her that he would get her tickets for their show as he heard that she didn't have one.
When she had to continue working, he drank his juice and shortly afterwards Maya and Liam entered the room holding hands. They greeted him and sat down next to him. When the waitress whose name was Lara came back, he introduced them and the four of them talked again. Harry leaned back and listened smiling as Liam asked the girl about her job and life.

As he looked towards the door the next time, Louis came in. Holding hands with Eleanor. Harry pressed his lips together and drank his second glass of juice to distract himself. He tried to calm himself down with the things Eleanor had said to him this morning. But he was jealous and he couldn't help it.