Extra Chapter 6

My mother stood before me, a twisted grimace on her face. I stumbled forward but she pushed me away.

"Murderer." She spat before dissolving.

"No." I whispered, petrified.

"You are a murderer." A voice said and I spun around.

"Victor? What do you-"

"Murderer. Killer." He whispered and then dissolved.

"No. Y-you are n-not real." I stuttered.

"Oh, but everybody is thinking exactly that. That you are unstable. A killer." Another voice said and I turned around to see Elijah with a cruel smirk on his face.

"Elijah? No. T-This is not real. N-no." I replied breathing heavily.

"Did you think we would accept you back with open arms? A criminal?" Another voice asked and I looked up to see Luca standing there with his signature blank look.

"Did you think we would be happy to see you? Why? Did you really think we cared for you? How delusional can you be?" Two voices from behind me said and I didn't even have to turn to understand that it was the twins. The tears were now flowing down my face without respite. I struggled to breathe as they came before me and laughed at my pitiful state.

"Bells! Bells, snap out of it!"

"Did you really think that I would actually fall for someone like you? What a joke." The last voice said and I felt my heart shatter.

"Isabella! Please wake up."

I woke up with a gasp, shooting up in bed. I was still sobbing and I curled in on myself. It hurt so much.

"Bells? Bells, please talk to me. Please." He pleaded with me as he reached towards me. I drew back and a hurt expression crossed his face.

"Bells, please. I can't see you hurting. Please, tell me what's wrong." He begged and I wanted to believe him.

He's lying. They are all lying. You are a killer.

"I-I c-can't-t" I replied, hating the fact that my voice broke. I hated the fact that my sobs did not stop. And I hated the fact that even after all of this, all I wanted was for him to hug me and never let me go.

"Come on, Bells. Tell me. Let me help." He pleaded and his voice seemed so small...so broken. I swallowed the next wave of tears and recounted the recurring dream. It happened at least once a week and had been plaguing my mind since my first kill. I broke down a lot of times while speaking and Enzo did not interrupt me even once. I didn't look up. What if he actually did feel that way?

"Bells." He said when I finished. I didn't look up. How could I?

"Bells. Look at me." He asked again and I met his eyes. I saw pain in his eyes. So much pain. He didn't speak but wrapped me in a hug, pulling me tight against him and my tears started again.

"I'm so sorry." He apologised and through the haze in my mind, I frowned.

"Why are y-you sorry?" I asked him as I looked up again.

"Because I couldn't protect you. Just like I couldn't protect anyone else." He replied, his voice broken and lost. My heart sank.

"No. Absolutely not. It was my choice. You cannot blame yourself for it. You don't have to protect me. I am capable of protecting myself." I replied, cupping his face with my hands. A tear slid down his cheek and I leaned up and kissed it away.

"But you shouldn't have to." He replied.

"Why? Why do feel that? I know that you don't think I am weak. Then why do you feel that you should be the one protecting me from everything? Why do you feel like you failed?" I asked him, my voice small. He looked me in the eye as he replied.

"Because every time you hurt, I feel the pain. Because I love you." My breath caught in my throat. He...loved me? A happy feeling bloomed in my chest. He lowered his eyes as he looked anywhere but at me.

"I get that you may not be ready but know that I mean it. I love you. I'm in love with you." He continued and took a breath but I didn't let him finish. I kissed him. It was a way to shut him up and a way to convey my ecstasy. I leaned back and he looked slightly shocked.

"I love you too." I breathed and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. I let out a small laugh, punctuated by a hiccup.

"I'm in love with you too, Enzo."

Woohooo! Some Isabella and Lorenzo action. Thank you for reading, and for the encouragement.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it.