Chapter 32: Happy New Year

Previously on My Dear Brothers

"You don't know who you are messing with. And let me tell you one thing. Girls are good only for furthering our line. Otherwise they are useless. Learn your place little girl." He said as he gave me a sneer.

"You are a complete stronzo. I don't know why I agreed to dance with a culo like you." I spat and turned on my heels and walked away.

I stormed away from him. I really needed fresh air. The hall we were in had many glass doors that led to balconies. I reached the nearest one and slipped out.

(A/n Kinda like this

(A/n Kinda like this. The room is circular with multiple doors leading to the balcony.)

I jumped when I saw that someone was already there. I relaxed when I recognised the tall figure.

"Hello Enzo." I said as I leaned against the railing beside him. He glanced at me and then turned to face the front again

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his tone controlled.

"I needed some air. I didn't want to dance with Javier anymore." I said truthfully, furrowing my eyebrows at his harsh tone.

"Why are you here? I'm sure there will be a line of guys waiting to take his place." He said bitterly and I stood there, shocked at his tone.

"What the hell, Enzo? What is wrong with you?" I asked, already irritated from the conversation with Javier. He looked at me and just shook his head slightly. I was getting more and more irritated with him but I swallowed my agitation and offered a hand to him.

"May I have a dance?" I asked with a wide smile. He looked at me.

"You don't have to do that. You can just go back inside and dance with one of those stronzi." He muttered as he looked at the horizon.(fuckers)

"But I didn't ask them. I asked you. So dance with me or I swear to god, I will kick your ass." I replied coolly. He gave me a look but nevertheless accepted my hand. I pulled him to me and looped my arms around his neck. He placed his hands on my hips as we started dancing to the soft song that filtered through the glass doors. I put my head on his chest and leaned against him as he steered.

I broke the silence.

"What did you mean before?" I asked. I was hurt that he thought that I would ditch him and dance with one of the asine inside.(asses)

"Nothing. I just wasn't thinking clearly." He sighed. 

"I want to know your thought process. Do you really think that I would ditch you to dance with those stronzi? Do you really think that low of me?" Somehow his words hurt me. I don't know why but his words stung. Did he want me to go to someone else? Was I wrong? Did he not like me like I liked him?

"No, god no." He said as he looked down at me.

"Then why?" I asked.

"Because I couldn't bear to see that culo's hands on you. I wanted to rip him, limb from limb. I was...jealous." He said as he looked at everything but me. My breathing stopped.

"You were..jealous. Of that stronzo. Because he was dancing with me." I said as I tried to wrap my head around that fact. He groaned as he stopped moving.

"You don't even realise it, do you? God, you don't even know that you have me wrapped around your little finger. You don't even realise the effect you have on me. Every time you smile, my world is a little brighter. I feel like I have to do everything for you. When you hug other guys or when they touch you, I feel like killing them. It hurts me every time  You are so cutely oblivious about it. I hate it when guys go near you. I can't control myself. The first time I saw you was when you gave Roman a smile and approached our table. I wanted you to smile at me like that. I wanted to be the reason for that smile. God, I like you. I like you, Isabella Marie Cattaneo. And you don't see me as anything more than a friend or rather your brothers' best friend. I'm sorry for snapping at you. I know you don't see me like that but I had to tell you-"

I didn't let him continue. I cupped his face, leaned up and pressed my lips to his for a few seconds before pulling back. He was so surprised he froze. He looked at me in absolute shock. Then his expression became determined. He put a hand on my cheek and his lips crashed down on mine. The kiss was full of passion but he was gentle. It made goosebumps erupt all over my arms as my arms snaked around his neck, my fingers tugging lightly on his hair. He groaned when I did that and I smiled into the kiss. He pulled me closer. One of his hands was in my hair, supporting my head and the other hand on the small of my back. It was a blissful moment but as we are human, we had to part for the life giving gaseous component called Oxygen. We pulled back and he rested his forehead against mine. I was in his arms and I didn't want to be anywhere else.

"I like you too." I whispered and leaned up to press my lips against his for a short, chaste kiss. He grinned at me and I smiled back.

Suddenly, the sky lit up with fireworks. We looked up in awe. Enzo looked down at me and captured my lips in a short but passionate kiss.

"Happy New Year, Bells." He murmured against my lips.

"Happy New Year, Enzo." I whispered as we drew back.

Sorry, this chapter is shorter than normal but I had to put the next event in the next chapter. It just seems odd not to end it here. Also I am crap at writing romantic scenes so please bear with me. Have some M&Ms and stay safe everyone.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it.