Chapter 37: First Kills and BFFs

Elena and I started shooting immediately, not letting them getting over their surprise but there were too many and I soon ran out of bullets. I heard a yell and saw Elena fall forward as a man stood behind her. Apparently, he had hit her on the back of the head with the butt of the gun. Two people grabbed onto my arms and I tried to struggle but it was useless. They dragged us down the hall and then down another. We were taken to a room and I sucked in a breath. In the middle of the room was Javier with a gun to Luca's forehead. Luca was beaten up so badly, he was barely recognisable. They looked up and Javier's smiled a positively sinister smile.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" He asked as he took a step towards me. I gave him a disgusted look. He stepped forward and grabbed my hair and pulled my head back.

"I was wondering when you would show up. I told you to watch your back, Isabella. Now I will give your brother the pain of seeing his sister getting beat up before I kill her." He said as he gave me a twisted smile and then punched me. Then he proceeded to beat me up, taking care not to hit me in the face so that the body was recognisable. The pain exploded through my body. Every blow made me weaker as I finally couldn't even stand straight. Luca had been pleading with Javier to stop but he kept raining blow after blow. I finally sank to the floor, my knees giving away and Javier looked at me in satisfaction. Elena was still knocked out and was laid in a corner. All the guards had left.

"You know, I had been trying to kill you since you came here but you foiled my plans at every turn. I didn't know who you were at the ball and I decided that if you would be mine, I would call off the death warrant I had issued but you insulted me and I just decided to kill you extra painfully." Javier said with a sick, twisted smile. Then he cocked the gun and placed it at my temple. Luca was screaming for him to stop, straining against the rope tying him to the chair he was on.

"Any last words?" He asked me with a sardonic smile.

"You. Are. Nothing." I spat with as much venom as I could pour into my voice. His smile twisted into a grimace and he pressed the gun to head to my head and I squeezed my eyes shut. Seconds later there was a loud bang but I didn't feel anything. I cautiously opened my eyes and found. Elena standing there with the gun trained on where Javier had been moments ago. Her eyes wide as he stared at the small round hole at back of his head. Luca was looking at her, shocked. She looked horrified at the scene. I realised this was her first kill ever. I remembered how all through the day, she had only maimed not killed. I shifted a little towards him and cut Luca out of the ropes. He stood up shakily, still staring at Elena. He approached her as she still stared at the dead man in front of him. Luca put a hand on her cheek and she tore her gaze from the scene in front of her to look into his eyes. He pulled her into his arms and she started sobbing. He whispered in her ear as he held her. They both sank to the floor, still in each others arms and the door opened. My brothers barged in with Enzo, expecting a fight but all they found was three broken teenagers and a dead mafia leader.

Enzo came forward and gathered me in his arms. I finally broke down while he apologised for not getting there fast enough. He apologised for not coming with us. I could feel him shaking as he hugged me. I cried into his shirt for who knows how long before I didn't have any tears left. I was emotionally and physically drained and I couldn't even raise my head. I felt Enzo kiss my forehead before standing up with me in his arms. He carried me somewhere but the gentle rocking of his arms lulled me to sleep. I fell into a deep sleep, my energy gone.

When I woke up, I saw that it was dark. I tried to sit up and found something restricting my movements. I looked to my right and I saw that it was Enzo. His arm was around me and my back was flush against his chest. I felt his breath on my neck and involuntarily gave a small shudder. My eyes got heavier once more as I made the most of this extremely comfortable position and went back to sleep.

The next time I woke up, Enzo was gone and it was morning. I took a shower and wore one of Enzo's hoodies I had yet again 'borrowed' along with a pair of booty shorts. I grabbed my phone and headed down the stairs. I entered the kitchen and found Enzo sitting on one of the bar stools and Elijah cooking breakfast. I sat down beside Enzo and leaned over and kissed his cheek. He looked up and gave me one of his heart stopping smiles and leaned over and kissed me on the lips. I smiled as I reveled in the feeling of his lips on mine which I had missed.

At that moment Elijah cleared his throat and we drew back sheepishly. He gave us an amused look and set down pancakes in front of both of us. I dug into the delicious breakfast. After not eating regularly for a month, this food tasted like heaven.

"Morning." Came a tired female voice from the door. I turned in my seat and saw Elena stagger in, wearing only one of Luca's hoodies along with undergarments. The hoodie fell to mid thigh and covered everything important. She didn't seem to have noticed the fact that she was half naked but Enzo and Elijah definitely had. They had looked away awkwardly as she sat down on my other side. I got up and tugged her elbow to get her up and dragged her to my room, whining. I sat her down on the bed and tossed a pair of shorts at her face and she finally realised what had just transpired. Her face turned bright red as she pulled them on. We were almost the same size so it fit her like a glove.

"Sorry for that. I didn't realise that I wasn't wearing shorts. You were already asleep by the time we came home and I didn't want to wake you up. So I took one of Luca's hoodies and slept in that." Elena said, still blushing.

"It's okay. And for future reference, my closet is always open for you." I replied giving her a grin.

"Thanks." She replied and got up but I pulled her back down on the bed.

"Oh no. You owe me an explanation. How do you know my family? What is going on with Luca? Are you dating?" I fired of question after question as she stared at me in in bewilderment.

"Woah there. Breathe, Izzy. I'll answer all the questions you want me to answer. But go slow." She exclaimed and I took a breath and gave her a sheepish smile.

"My first question is, best friends?" I grinned and she grinned back.

"Best friends." She replied.

So how was it? Was it worth the wait?

Comment, Vote and Share if you liked it? Pretty please?

P.S. I don't know how people like pickles. Like, yuck!! Edit: No offense.