Chapter 9: You Will Have to Shift Her to a Hospital

Isabella POV

I woke up groggily with a pounding headache. I felt something heavy around my waist and realised that Luca was asleep with me in his arms. One of my hands was in Victor's who looked much younger when sleeping. In fact all of my brothers did. I looked around my room and I saw Roman and Alex passed out in the couch and Elijah passed out in the hammock that I had put up in the corner of the room. I got up carefully so as to not wake up Luca or Victor and went downstairs.

It was barely 6:00 and I went about the kitchen making pancakes, cutting up fruits, making waffles and putting out the coffee. I drank a cup of coffee but it did nothing to help my headache and after setting everything out I heard shuffling from the doorway and I looked up and gave Victor and Alex huge smiles. They smiled back tiredly and I pointed to the coffee pot before collapsing in a seat. I put my head in my arms as my head pounded. Elijah came in and noticed my position and frowned. I gave him a small smile and he returned it instantly. Soon everyone was in the kitchen, demolishing the food. I didn't feel like eating but after a glare from Alex, I forced down a pancake.

Victor cleared his throat and I looked at him.

"Would you like to explain what happened yesterday?"

I sighed and replied to the blunt question," Yesterday was my dad's birthday. And I did everything that we did together and I couldn't stop the memories. He was the one who taught me to cook and he was the one who pushed me to be independent. He was my best friend, my confidante and it just hit me that he was gone." My eyes were watering again and I looked down. I controlled my breathing and focused on it, my eyes shut tightly. As I regained control over the tears, I got up and headed to my room after flashing them a quick smile. I was feeling extremely chilly and opted for a plain black long sleeved shirt and some blue ripped jeans. I took my bag and trudged downstairs.

When my brothers and I left for school, they had loud conversations and even louder arguments and it made my head pound harder. But I ignored it and carried a cheerful conversation with them. I reached school and hopped out immediately. I threw a quick goodbye and smile over my shoulder and headed to my locker. I was feeling weak and faint but I shrugged it off as I almost never got ill. It just had to be because of the emotionally draining events that took place yesterday.

Jasmine greeted me at my locker and then interlinked her arms with me and started pulling me towards the English class. We sat down and the teacher entered as the bell rang which made my head pound harder. She started talking about Merchant Of Venice which I had already read and her voice was getting harder to focus on. I shivered because of the cold and Jasmine noticed. She frowned as she looked over at me and her face soon turned horrified. She put a hand to my forehead and yelped quietly. I cringed away from her icy hand and she turned towards me completely.

"Shit Izzy, you're burning up! And don't tell me you are fine, you look a second away from fainting."  Jasmine whispered wide eyed.

"Please don't tell the teacher, Jazz. I'll go to the nurse after the class maybe." I pleaded with my eyes and she sighed and relented.

Somehow the time crawled by and now I felt like I was going to fall down any second. The bell rang and there was a stab of pain in my head. Jazz immediately sprang up and helped me stand. She put an arm around me and we walked to the door, with her supporting me slightly.

As we reached the door of the class, we found the twins(Chase and Oliver) and Lillian standing there. They looked at me worried.

"Chase, Oliver find her brothers and tell them that she is ill and we have taken her to the nurse's office. Lillian help me get her to the nurse." Jasmine instructed and Chase and Oliver took off immediately. Lillian linked her arm with mine and the both of them led me to the nurse. We came in and the nurse looked up from a magazine. She took one look at me and went into professional mode. I was laid on the bed as she started questioning me and the others.

Suddenly, the door banged open and all three of my brothers came in, looking as though they had run all the way here.

"You will have to shift her to a hospital. This is no ordinary illness." was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

Luca POV

When the twins that were Ella's friends told us that she was really ill, I didn't think about anything else. I just sprinted through the hallways with Roman and Xander right behind me. We reached the nurse's office and I threw open the door making all the heads snap to us. I saw my sister on the bed, her face having no colour and her eyes barely open.

"You will have to shift her to a hospital. This is no ordinary illness. And you need to be quick about it." The words registered in my brain and I strode forward and picked her up gently. I then turned and walked out of the office. Most of the students were in class. But the few that were in the hallways gaped at us. I ignored them and turned to her friends who were following us with concern and panic on their features.

"Go back to class. I'll alert you if something happens." I said to them taking charge. They nodded and ran off. I resumed walking towards the doors faster. We piled into the car and I put Ella in the back seat with Roman who was white as a sheet as he cradled her to his chest. Xander was not much better.

"Call Victor and put him on speaker." I barked at Alex tossing him my phone as I pulled out and raced towards the hospital.

"What is it, Luca? This better be important." came Victor's clipped tone over the phone.

"Get to the hospital." I replied my voice strained as I forced myself not to go over the speed limit.

"What happened?" Victor asked and I heard rustling from the background.

"Just get there. You'll see." I replied and nodded at Alex to cut the call and he hung up.

We reached the hospital and I carried Ella in. The nurses spotted us and the rest was a blur. Ella was taken away into a room and hooked onto an IV. I prayed to every god that she was okay. I loved her though I could not show it properly. Yesterday when she cried in my arms I felt my heart break. She was so strong and her breaking down made me want to kill whoever made her cry. She was my little sister and I was hoping that nothing happened and that she was okay. I loved her too much to let her go...