Chapter 19: Family Reunion

I woke up the next morning and remembered yesterday's events. I felt mortified that they had seen me like that. Then I remembered that they are family. I could tell them everything. I was broken. But I had fixed myself and they had to see that.

I was laying in bed when I remembered that today was the family reunion. I sat up immediately. I raced to the closet and went through all the outfits I had. I was getting desperate when I saw the perfect one. It was a multicoloured horizontally striped jumpsuit. The top was strapless and the bottom was loose and the cinched waist accentuated my figure. I wore white loafers with them and grabbing my phone I walked downstairs.

I heard voices from the kitchen and I entered and froze immediately. Other than my three youngest brothers there were at least 8 strangers lounging there who were around the same age as them. They turned towards me simultaneously. I stood there frozen with a deer caught in headlights expression. They suddenly started talking excitedly over each other while I stood awkwardly at the door. Suddenly the oldest of them came forward and pulled me into a hug.

"Ciao, cara sorella. Sono Matteo. Benvenuto in famiglia." He said with a warm smile. I gave him a smile and went to answer when the twins cut me off. [Hello, dear sister. I'm Matteo. Welcome to the Family.]

"She doesn't know Italian."

"Ciao fratello. Sono contento di far parte di questa famiglia. Sono Isabella." I replied in a clear voice before sticking my tongue out at the twins who were looking at me in shock. [Hello, brother.  I'm happy to be part of this family. I'm Isabella]

Everyone in the room starts laughing and I join them.

"What happened to your hands, Ella?" A curious voice asked. I looked towards the source of the voice to find a younger version of Matteo. My brothers shook their heads, telling me that I didn't have to tell them. I just smiled.

"I got into a fight with a punching bag and won. Oh and by the way, you might have to replace the punching bag, it's hanging on by threads." I replied to the question and directed the last part of the question towards Luca and the twins.

"Already done, bambina." Luca answers.

"Introductions, please. Or I can call you Cousin 1, Cousin 2 and so on." I said now turning to my cousins.

"Well as you know, I'm Matteo and I just turned 19. These are my younger brothers Leonardo and Giovanni. They're 18." He said pointing to two boys who looked like a younger version of him.

"You're Irish twins then?" I asked the boys and they nodded.

"Cool."

"Ciao Ella. I'm Vincenzo and these three are my brothers. They are Alonso, Armani, and Alessio. They're triplets." A tall muscular guy said, pointing to three boys who were identical except for eye colours. One had hazel eyes and was Alonso. One had green eyes and was Armani. And the third had grey eyes and was Alessio. 

"'I'm Alessandro, and I'm the fun one." The last male said.

I nodded at him.

"Since when do you know Italian?" Roman asked incredulously.

"I was bored and had nothing to do so I learnt a bunch of languages." I shrugged. Summer vacation was too hot to go out in back home. So I spent time doing stuff like this.

"For god's sake, is there something you can't do?" Alex said throwing his hands up.

"I can't dance." I said in a deadpan voice, then stopped. "Wait, I can't dance western styles."

"But you can dance some styles?" Matteo asked. I shrugged.

"Exactly, you can do everything. And you're good at it." Luca huffs.