Chapter 28: Had That Really Happened?

The days leading up to Christmas were torturous. The amount of training I went through made sure that as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light. I haven't started shooting practice yet. Today is the first day. Today is also Christmas Eve. I was already hyperactive when I went down.

"Good Morning Fam!" I screamed as I entered. They chuckled.

"What's got you all riled up?" Alex asked as he groaned like a zombie over his cereal.

"It's new day, a new opportunity. Why wouldn't I be happy?" I asked beaming. Then the smile slid off my face. "What is wrong with me?" I said in horror. Being cheery was definitely not a character trait of mine.

"Well, I have an early Christmas present for you. Would you like to see it?" Elijah chuckled. I nodded my head frantically.

"Well, If I knew you would be so eager to see us, I would have called you more often." said a voice from behind me. I spun around and my jaw dropped. My two best friends opened their arms. We hugged and laughed and I had never be happier.

"I take it you liked it?" Vic asked as he gave me a small smile.

"Like it...no." I replied and Allie hit my arm with an offended look. "Geez woman, let me finish. I don't like it. I love it." Their faces, which had fallen, turned into mischievous smiles.

"Get her!" Roman screamed and I squealed and ran away, laughing. I turned a corner and crashed into...a wall. Unlike the cliche books, it was not a boy. It was an actual wall. I groaned as I landed on my butt.

"Are you okay?" A voice asked from above me.

I looked up at Enzo, rubbing my nose, while he tried not to laugh but was failing miserably. "Fine, just Peachy."

"Why are you here? Not that you can't be here. You can be here. Just curious. So why are you here? Don't mind me. You don't have to answer that. I'm going to leave before I embarrass myself further." I rambled and then turned around and marched away. I was 3 steps away when I heard him laughing. A full laugh. I froze and looked back at him in shock.

"You're cute when you ramble." He said and stepped forward and my brain stopped working.

"I'm not cute normally?" I asked and pouted and stepped forward. Woah, deja vu.

"No, you're usually bewitching. I literally can't take my eyes off you." He said as he leaned forward slightly. His breath fanned across my face as he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. The number of cliche scenes in my life makes it seem like a movie.

Maybe we are being secretly recorded. Maybe we have the lead in a movie.

Shut up.

I was saved from answering by the arrival of my brother. Who dropped another bomb on me.

"You found Lorenzo? Good. He will be teaching you how to shoot. He's the best we have." Vic said casually as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

Excuse me, what? You're leaving me alone with another guy that is not part of our family? Shame on you, Vic. I thought you were supposed to be overprotective.

I didn't think you would mind some alone time with the hottie.

Oh, Shut up.

"Okay, when do we start?" I asked, twiddling my thumbs as I looked at Enzo. He smirked and I knew I was screwed.

"Right now."

We headed to the forbidden wing of the mansion. He led me past at least 20 guarded hallways and then turned down another one. I was walking a little behind him as I marveled at the paintings that adorned the walls. It was tastefully done and made the place beautiful. Suddenly someone stood in front of me and I stumbled back not expecting it. A guard looked down at me with a contemptuous expression.

"You're not allowed to go down there, Miss. Only the Capo's family can go there." He said as he tried to chivvy me back. I stood my ground and rose an eyebrow at him.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked at the same time another voice said, "What's going on here?" We both turned towards Enzo who was looking at us with a stoic expression.

"Nothing, I was following you and he just stopped me. I just asked him why." I said innocently.

"Is she with you, Mr. Romano?" The guard asked still not letting me go. Instead, his grip tightened as though I was going to run away. Honestly, that was hurting me a lot. He was digging his nails into my skin along with the bruising grip.

Enzo opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off.

"Let go of me or I swear to all that is holy that I will bitch slap you so hard you will lose your memory and start dancing the tango and call yourself LaQueesha, got it? And you didn't answer my question. Do. You. Know. Who. I. Am?" I said venomously and he dropped my hand.

"I-I don't know who you are. I was just instructed to not let anyone in except the Capo's family." He stuttered, looking a little afraid. I felt sorry for him.

"Let him go, Bells. I think you are scaring him." Enzo said. He had no expression on his face but I could see the mirth swimming in his eyes.

"Fine, You can go back to your post." I said and the man scampered off. Enzo chuckled and grabbed my wrist, the same one that the man had grabbed and I winced because of the pain. He noticed immediately and gently turned it over. I could see his expression darken.

"It's okay, Enzo. It's nothing. Let it go." I said hurriedly as I tried to pull him down the hallway. Keyword: tried. What this boy ate, I don't know, but he did not budge. He seemed like he was about to go up to the guy and bite his head off and feed it to the wolves. He was glaring in the direction the guard had gone. I couldn't see any other option. I tried everything to get him to look at me or snap out of it but it seemed like he was ignoring me or he couldn't hear me. Out of sheer desperation I leaned up and pressed my lips against his cheek. I saw his eyes widen in shock as he looked down at me. On the outside, I was nonchalant as though I hadn't just kissed my crush but on the inside I was freaking out.

Oh my god, what if he didn't like me? Oh god, I'm going to die of embarrassment. I twisted the ring on my finger as I looked down.

"Should we head to where we were going before? I mean-" I was cut off as he put a finger under my chin and lifted my head. He leaned down and pressed his lips to my right cheek. My eyes widened. Did he just-

"Thank you for snapping me out of that. I didn't want to postpone our lesson because I had to kill someone and hide the body." He said as he let go off me and walked forward. I was frozen in place. Oh my god.

"Are you coming?" He asked with a smirk as he turned around. I snapped out of it and started walking behind him, my cheeks permanently red. Had that really happened?

So..What do you think? How was the chapter? Do you like M&Ms?

Comment, Vote and Share if you like the story? Pretty please?