Chapter 12: Home

Expletive warning

Idiot. Why did I say yes? Not that I regret it. I am just afraid of my brothers' reaction. They will definitely notice my absence from the cafeteria. My head starts hurting so I start to procrastinate, which I'm excellent at. I barely get through AP English and AP Calculus. When the bell rang for lunch I packed my bag and joined Jordan at the door, where he was waiting for me.

We passed the cafeteria and we went out of the door to the trees. We were left a little after the bell rang and consequently, most of his group was already there. We approached them and they looked up and after spotting me, they raised their eyebrows at Jordan.

"Guys this is Isabella. Isabella this is my best friend, Jay Parker and his girl friend, Alison Wilson, my other best bud, Rafael Moreau, and the last of our amazing group, Daniel Walters."

"Jordan, I think we agreed that you will not bring any of your pute to us because I don't want act all chummy with her." Rafael says with a scowl.(whore in french)

I saw red. "Excuse me, who the hell did you call a puta, you little pezzo di merda?" I said my anger getting the better of me.(whore; piece of shit)

"You may be feisty but the truth will be that you are an attention seeking bitch." He said with an eye roll. Jordan looked furious and was about to retaliate when I held up a hand to silence him.

"Okay, Mr.I'llSpeakShitAndEveryoneWillHaveToListenToIt, I'm going to have to ask you to get the stick out of your ass and learn to speak properly to a girl. Not every girl is a bitch. Not every girl is a whore. Not every girl will take your shit. I definitely will not. I will not be walked all over by some stupido idiota di culo who thinks that he can speak to me like I'm shit and get away with it. You better show me some respect as another human being and keep your sexist opinions to yourself. Capire?" I said, breathing harder because of my small speech.(stupid ass idiot; understood)

He looked impressed and a little frightened. The others were trying not to laugh and I had a smirk on my face. Jordan was laughing silently.

"You go girl! You showed him." Alison smiled at me, cheering.

Daniel held up his hand for a high five and I obliged. We both sat down and started talking.

"Raf, for the last time, you are not going to get my cookies." Allie said sounding exasperated.

"Bu-But-Cookies.." Raf whined. It turned out that he was having a shit day and had taken his anger out on me. He was a generally nice guy. Daniel was younger than the others by a year and but was really mature. Jordan was the prankster of the group and would never be seen without a smile. Jay was the leader and the 'bad boy' of the school. Turns out, Allie and Jay were childhood best friends who fell in love with each other. It was so cute. Jay was soft only around her and he was the only who could bring her little shell.

My phone buzzed and I jumped. I read the message that Luca had send and then noticed the others.

20 messages from Roman.

18 messages from Alex.

17 messages from Luca.

23 missed calls from all three.

"Shit." I cursed as I jumped up making the others look at me curiously. "I'm going to go before my brothers come to find me and kill me. Addio." I said walking away from them, backward. I turned and walked fast to the Library as fast as I could and went to one of the corner seats in the back so that I can pretend that the reason I didn't answer was because my phone was silent and in the bag by my feet. I took out my notes and just put the finish touches on my act when and I saw Luca come into the library from the corner of my eye. He looked ready to kill. I busied myself in my notes and didn't look up till he reached me and grabbed my arm harshly.(Goodbye)

"I found her. In the library." He grumbled while I whimpered in pain at his tight grip.

"Luca, it hurts, stop it." I said as he looked down and his arm loosened but his eyes remained murderous.

"Get your stuff and come on." He growled and I collected everything swiftly and silently. He grabbed my arm again and dragged me outside and to the car park where I saw the twins with Identical angry looks in their eyes. I'm in deep shit now. When we reached them, Roman pulled me into a hug. I relaxed into him.

Luca opened his mouth to say something but I cut him off, "I'm sorry. I didn't realise that you would be so worried. I didn't mean to." My gaze was trained on the ground and I didn't look up. Suddenly, Alex sighed.

"It's okay, neonata, we were just worried about you." Alex says rubbing his face.

"I'm sorry." I said again, feeling extremely guilty. I looked up and something caught my eye behind him. My eyes widened and I tackled Alex and Roman to the ground and pulled Luca, who was still holding my arm, down with me. I heard a bang and I grab the gun sticking out of the back of Alex's jeans and barely taking any time I shoot the other guy in the knee. He went down with a scream. My brothers got up and we saw some big burly men drag him away. Alex gently took the gun from me while exchanging glances with the others.

"Come on, let's go." Luca said heading to his motorcycle.

"Where are we going?" I asked, now extremely confused.

"Home."

Oh my god, everyone. I didn't think that this book would get as much as 10 reads but it's gotten way more. Thank you so much 🥰. Please comment and tell me how you like the chapters. Have some M&Ms and have a great day! A big thank you to everyone who has read my book and voted.

Comment, Vote and Share the book if you liked it.

P.S. One of the only things I have learnt from this book is how to curse in a dozen different languages.