Chapter 29: How?

The rest of the day was uneventful. Enzo taught me the basics and told me all the safety precautions. He just let me load and unload the gun and then stopped. My hand was itching to shoot a round or two but I didn't because he told me I couldn't. Not until he said I was ready.

The next day I woke up at 4:30. I remembered that it was Christmas. I sped out of the room and saw that Roman was up. We were both like little kids, really. We tossed to see who would get to wake up Alex and Luca. Roman lost and I skipped away to wake up the oldest two. They woke up fairly quickly. I went back to see that Roman had armed himself with a long stick. I stood in the doorway and started recording. He started poking Alex with the stick. Alex shot up so suddenly that Roman let out a high pitched girly scream and fell back against the desk. The iPad on the desk slid off and fell on the floor with a crack. We all looked at it horrified. I backed out of the room as Alex started screaming at Roman and started to untangle himself himself from the covers while Roman shot past me as he ran away from his twin. Alex got up from the bed and tripped on the covers almost kissing the floor before catching himself. He ran past me screaming like a banshee.

Luca was still asleep through all this and I had to do something. So I got the bullhorn and started recording as I pressed it. Luca shot up with a gun clenched in his hand and then promptly kissed the floor when he tripped over the covers. I burst into laughter as he got up with a murderous look. I ran out of his room with him chasing after me, yelling profanities. I ran into the kitchen and saw that both of my elder brothers were there. I ran to Elijah and gave him a bear hug, hanging on like a baby koala. He was startled but caught me.

"Give me the little brat, Elijah. No one will be harmed." Luca said as he ran in.

"No, Elijah. The big, bad monster will kill me." I pleaded with him.

"It's too early in the morning for this." Vic muttered as he cradled his cup of coffee.

"I will not give you my little bambina. She is under my protection, evil dragon. I will fight for you, princess." Elijah said as I cowered behind him.

"Fine, she wins. But watch your back, principessa. Watch your back." Luca said threateningly before plonking himself down on the seat. I got off from Elijah's back and slowly inched my way towards Luca.

"I come with a peace offering: Blackmail material." I whispered the last part and Luca beckoned to me. I was going to sit on my own seat but he pulled me onto his lap. I started the video of the twins. We both started laughing as it enfolded. Alex walked in then, with his twin trailing behind them, both completely soaked. We started laughing harder.

I was practically bouncing in my seat as we waited for Elijah and Victor to get their coffees. I was to spend today with my family, tomorrow with my best friends and the day after tomorrow with Nate and the others. It was my first Christmas with my family and I hoped that they liked what I got them.

I got all of them hoodies. I was really nervous about my second gift because I had spent hours on it.

 I was really nervous about my second gift because I had spent hours on it