Chapter 24

I sat a cushion away from Luke on the couch, cautiously watching him from the corner of my eye. He was doing the same to me, yet neither of us said anything about it.

I felt like he was going to disappear into thin air if I turned away for too long, and I assumed he felt the same way about me...so we, not so discreetly, watched each other.

Calum and Michael left, claiming they had somewhere to be-I wasn't sure if I was happy they were gone, or wished they were sitting between us on the couch.

I zoned out on the blank television for a long minutes before fully turning my head towards Luke. He looked over at me, a small smile on his face.

"I'm fine," He said, clearly reading the thoughts in my mind, "Are you?"

I briefly nodded my head, looking down at my lap while anxiously nibbling on the nail of my stubby thumb.

At some point, he pushed over, cupping my face and forcing me to look up at him. He placed a light, unexpected, kiss to my lips before wrapping his arms around me.

I sighed, feeling less tense as I melted into him. He held me for what seemed like a year, but, honestly, I needed it.

"Wanna watch a movie?" He offered. I stiffened a nod, reaching over to the coffee table for the remote. Luke walked out of the room, I heard a bit of shuffling and beeping before he returned with a blanket and a bowl of popcorn.

I smiled brightly, snatching the bowl. He made a pouty face well throwing the blanket over is, also causing it to go over the bowl of popcorn on my lap.

"If there's blanket fuzz in here now, I'll beat you." I warned, moving the blanket off the bowl. He laughed, taking a piece of popcorn and experimentally examining it before giving a satisfied nod and popping it into his mouth.

An arm was sling around me and I was pulled down in a comfortable leaning position against Luke. Carefully, I moved the popcorn in front of us and used the remote to turn on Mean Girls 2 which look groaned about.

"Seriously?" He whined, stuffing his mouth with popcorn. I nodded.

"It's funny."

"Funny or stupid," he grumbled, pulling me with him as he inched towards the arm rest of the couch to use it as a pillow.

"Funny," I decided, flicking my wrist back hoping to hit him with a piece of popcorn.

When the movie started playing we settled down and quickly finished the popcorn. Luke fell asleep halfway through the movie, but I wasn't tired.

I got up, bringing the bowl into the kitchen and snatching my phone from the charger. I walked back into the living room, slipping the camera up to take a picture of the sleeping boy.

Leave it to me for my flash to go off.

Luke's sleepy eyes fluttered open, giving me an annoyed look. "Delete that," he mumbled, half asleep, "And come lay down."

He scooted back, patting the space next to him. I shut of my phone, dropping it onto the coffee table and climbing beside Luke. He tossed the blanket over me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me back so my back was pressed against his chest.

Gaining fatigue, I closed my eyes and fell into a surprisingly dreamless sleep.

LukeyPookey is home! Sorry, short update!

Follow my second account and possibly check out my story:,) I really need to stop making new stories.

Account: Hemmo_dxmples
Xx Ley