Chapter 54

Bella's POV

When I opened my eyes I was in my bed with a small white piece of take over the bridge of my nose and I had a pounding headache. I slugged out of my room and made it halfway down the stairs before two boys walked into the house, the door slamming shut loudly behind them.

Luke and Ashton.

Luke was rubbing his wrists, which had probably been tightly embraced by metal all night, and groaning about how he did nothing. Ashton, he was just...he was a mess, but I didn't want to look at him. No. I didn't want to look at him, but at the same time I wanted to jump into his arms and hug him.

Ashton looked down as he brushed passed me on the stairs and continued his way up until I heard his bedroom door close. I completed my way down the few remaining steps and into the living room.

No body greeted me, which I understood, but it was unusual for someone not to be happy in the morning here.

I walked over to the couch, hesitantly sitting down by Luke. I was a bit released when he immediately wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me into his chest, his thumbs softly fingering my nose bandage.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Only if you are."

"Same here."

"I'm fine."

"Then so am I."

We absorbed the silence of the room for a bit before Calum spoke up. "Are you mad at Ashton still?"

"Maybe. I'm not really sure, I mean, I guess I think I am..." I replied, a stuttering mess. "You're talking about our Ashton, right?"

Calum nodded after a moment of thought; most likely not realizing that the green haired kid's name was Ashton.

"Could you talk to him?" Luke added cautiously. I pulled away from him, standing up and shaking my head.

"He doesn't want me, I-I shouldn't even be here." I defended.

"No, no. He does, he was mad. You know how he gets when he's mad, Bella." Michael sighed.

I squinted my eyes at them, "That's a harsh thing to say, it's not like it was the first time either. He meant it, I have no reason to forgive him...all I am to him his a mistake, I wonder if you guys think of me as that too?"

Their eyes widened, I didn't want to wait to hear what they were going to say...i really, really didn't. I felt like crying and my stomach hurt badly. I turned on my heels and dashed up the stairs and into my bedroom flopping down with my face buried in my pillow and loud sobs being cut of by the fluffy material.

My stomach hurt even more from crying and my head was spinning although I was laying down. I slowly stopped crying and closed my eyes, just praying I could get even the slightest bit of sleep.

But no...sleep wasn't an option. I didn't know what to do to myself, what position was more comfortable to lay in, why my eyes kept fluttering open, why there was a knock at my door.

Pretend to sleep. I thought to myself, sinking further into my bed and closing my eyes. I heard my bedroom door open, unsure of who it was, it then closed and someone walked across the room and over to my bed sitting down.

A large hand lightly swiped across my cheek and I assumed it was Luke.

"I'm so sorry," He croaked...but it wasn't him, as in Luke, it was Ashton and I wanted to cry at the sound of his voice. "I'm sorry for screwing up again, I must be a really horrible person to bring someone as beautiful as you down. I-I was angry and I never meant the things I said, I need to learn to bite my tongue...I can't say sorry enough, but I kind of don't want you to forgive me because that doesn't deserve forgiveness."

I wasn't sure if Ashton knew that I actually wasn't asleep or not, but it really didn't matter because he was sitting on the side of my bed crying his eyes out and it was all my fault.

I quickly sat up and wrapped my arms around him. He let out a teary chuckle, wrapping his arms around me too.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Ashton, please don't cry."

"I don't cry," He added.

"Sure, so what do you think you're doing right now?" I laughed, rolling my eyes at him although he couldn't see. I could clearly feel his tears on my shoulder.

"Hugging you like you'll disappear from my arms at any given minute."