Chapter 22

Ashton's POV

"It's been a month, Luke. Do you think she's still safe?" I asked, my mind racing. Luke sighed, shrugging.

I stuffed my hands in my pockets, the cold nipping at me.

"Well, Cal and Michael are looking and we're looking, again. Hopefully, we'll-Ashton?" He paused, looking over at me. I stood still, looking at him. He pointed to his ear, waving his hand around.

"I don't hear anything." I whispered, continuing to walk. Luke groaned, following behind me.

We continued to walk up the street.

"Let's turn over here, it will take us back to the house. We need some sleep anyways." I explained, pointing down a dirt path. I steered away from it often, but knew it was a short cut home.

Luke nodded and followed behind.

"That's weird," He mumbled. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"What's weird?" He raised his arm, pointing to a small house past some trees. I nodded in agreement, but kept walking.

The dirt path neared an end, I could see the turn which lead to my house.

"Dumb ass." A loud voice scolded. I questioningly looked at Luke. Both of us turned our heads to the small house alone in the woods.

I could barely make out people, a body small and petite-like a girl-and two bigger men. One of the men seemed to have shoved the girl who now leaned against a large black van.

Luke looked at me with worry in his eyes.

I looked around. There was a large, empty grass field and then the streets began stacking up with houses. The street lights were on, since it was 10. I saw Luke do something with his phone.

"We have to go help her." he nodded towards the opening that lead to the house.

"No, Luke. Its creepy up there, it's none of our business anyways."

"Ashton, I need to go see." He began walking. My phone vibrated in my pocket, pulling it out I saw it was Calum.

Cal: We're back home.

Me: Come to the woods a few streets away. Dont ask any questions.

My gut told me to follow Luke, it told me Luke was on to something. I nervously stepped forward, grabbing Luke's arm.

He turned towards me, a bit annoyed. "What is it Ashton?"

"Calum and Michael are on their way over here, I'll come when they get here." Luke reluctantly nodded-even he knew it was a better idea-so we waited.

"You two need to stay in the pathway, enough that you can see what's going on." Luke directed Mike and Cal. They nodded.

Luke looked at me, I gave him a small nod and we headed into the woods.

I carefully walked, making sure to be quiet.

"Please!" A loud shriek sounded as we got closer.

We all stopped, turning towards each other with paled face.

"Someone call the cops." I managed out.

"Is that Bella?" Michael croaked.

With determination built up inside us Luke, Cal, and I ran leaving Michael behind to call the cops. My feet carried me so fast, I almost didn't know I was touching the ground.

We approached the line of the woods, their was o my a small bit of grass that kept us away from the van.

The three of us ducked down. I could make it out, it was Bella. I began shaking nervously, we had nothing on us.