Chapter 34

I managed to stay awake all night. I don't think I even blinked that much, honestly.

Around ten o'clock everyone began to get up. Ashton shuffled around the room, grabbing clothes and getting ready. Luke sat on his bed and I swear I could feel him staring at my back.

"Bella?" His voice whispered. I continued to stare at the wall in front of me, afraid what I'd see if I actually turned around. But Luke's not a demon, and it was just a nightmare...

I scooted to the side before rolling over. Luke had that most pained and confused look on his face.

"Are you okay?" He whispered softly.

I audibly gulped, closing my eyes for a short second. Although, in the short second I probably could've fallen asleep.

Without my permission, my lower lip quivered followed my a rush of tears and sobs. Luke jumped over to my bed so fast, pulling me up and wrapping his arms around me.

"No, no. Don't cry, shhh, please don't cry. Shhh."

"I can't do this anymore," My voice was shaking and I continued to sob in between words.

There was a quick pause before Luke hesitantly, "W-what do you mean?"

I didn't reply, I laid my forehead on Luke's shoulder, one of his hand on my pack the other on my knee.

I assumed Ashton was standing somewhere to the side watching on, Luke was probably looking to him for help.

I looked up only to see Luke wasn't looking at anyone, instead, he was crying. Tear silently rolling down his face.

He looked at me, pain and something else I couldn't quite get in his eyes.

He closed his eyes, opening them after a brief moment.

"D-don't do anything," he warned.

"I wouldn't," I promised, "Wouldn't want to damage the rest of the tour."

For a minute, when I first spoke, he sighed a bit of relief, but when my last sentence came out his face went back to the twisted pain from before.

"No. No, you're staying here," He cried out, "You're going to stay and-and every-everything will be fine."

"I've heard that too many times to believe it. Something always happens to me." I shook my head, "I'm not strong enough anymore."

At the moment, Calum and Michael into the room and jumped onto Luke's bed. They sat and and looked over to Luke and I, eyes wide.

"Oh, uh, sorry."

I quickly wiped my face, running the pads of my thumbs across Luke's moistened cheek before giving a-fake-reassuring smile.

I scooted to the side of the bed so I was looking at Calum and Michael who were completely dressed and ready to go somewhere.

"We just want to tell you there's a meet and greet in the next hour," Michael stated awkwardly. Luke gave and soft nod and stood as Ash walked out of the bathroom. They mumbled something to each other when they crossed paths making Ashton glance over to me.

I walked over to my suitcase and picked out some clothes and make up, then turned to Calum and Michael. "Can I change in your bathroom to quicken the process." The both gave me soft smiles and nodded. I slipped between rooms and into the bathroom. I took a shower then applied make up to cover up my red puffy eyes and blotchy skin. After, I put on my clothes and stared at myself for a long minute in the mirror feeling cringe worthy about what I saw.

I sighed, exiting the room.

I sat on the corner of Luke's bed, slipping on a pair of high top vans and a sweatshirt.

Luke walked out of the bathroom fully dressed, but looked as if he'd cried more.

"Let's go," Ash cheered, clamping his hands together. Luke walked over to me and grapes my hand, leading me out of the room.

"Are you guys dating?"

"Lella is real?!"

"Luke I love you."

"Bella, ew. Why?"

"Calum!"

"Michael!"

"Ashton!"

Luke squeezed my hand tighter, as we got further to the car the hate comments went on and on. Luke wrapped his arm around me, gently pushing my forward so I stumbled into the van behind Ashton.

We all squished in, my hand being squeezed by both Ashton and Luke. I laughed, "I'm fine." I gave my eyes a playful roll to go along with it.

"Acts over Bella," Ashton stated. He didn't sound as harsh as he did pained.

I bit my lip, slipping down further in my seat.

It was almost instinct to act over pain, sometimes I didn't even realize the difference between my faux happiness and real sadness.

Sadly, I couldn't cut the act. Lots of hate came with that meet and greet, why can't the stupid fans just love the lads for their decisions instead of making others feel like shit.

I smiled tightly, sitting at the end of the table next to Ashton.

Eventually, I excused myself from the signing table and walked off to a bench in a corner.

To Vicky: How's support group?

From Vicky: Good, actually. Tour? Well that's a stupid question...

To Vicky: Haven't figured out if I'm going to survive the rest of it:/

From Vicky: please tell me that was sarcasm, Bella? Are you okay?

My phone began ringing.

Call From Vicky.