Chapter 49

Luke's POV

"It's coming from here," I pointed to the door about a foot away from me.

The three lads rushed over, Calum putting his ear to the door and knocking. The man who had followed us into the school came rushing around the corner. "You're not supposed to be here!"

There was a whimper on the other side of the door before it opened and Bella came stumbling out. Her eyeliner was smudged underneath her eyes, her hair was falling out of its ponytail. She looked up helplessly, her lip trembling and only then did I realize the cut across her cheek.

Calum stepped forward peeking into the janitors room but backed out with a raised eyebrow mouthing to us that no one was in there. Michael was talking to the annoying principal guy who followed us through the halls.

"What happened?" Ashton was quick to ask.

"I-nothing happened. See," She forced her best smile, "I'm great. Completely fine. Was just looking for somewhere to escape and there's lots of sharp objects in the closet! I really need to be careful. Well, better get to class."

She quickly turned around and sped off ignoring our requests for her to stop and come back.

We left, completely confused.

"She's lying," I Concluded as we slipped back into the car.

"Serious closet sex." Michael piped receiving a glare and slap from me.

"There was no one in the closet..." Calum added, his eyebrows still furrowed together like he was trying to piece things together.

"Well, we'll have to talk to her in a few hours when she gets out of school." Ashton piped from the front seat as we drove down the street. I sighed, leaning my head against the window.

I'd seen that girl broken many, many times, but there was something else on her face today and I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Filler:))

I'm tired.

Good night guys!!!!

Xx
Ley