Chapter 43

Calum's POV

"I'll just be a minute," I promised Michael. He rolled his eyes, but nodded.

"Well I want to take a shower, so hurrryyyy." He whined. I nodded, again, and slipped into the bathroom closing the door behind me.

I shuffled through the medicine cabinet until I found an old prescription, pain reliever, from Ash. There was about six pills in the middle of my shaky palm.

I closed the lid on the toilet, sitting down with my head in my hands.

Don't do it.

Don't do it.

Don't. Do. It.

The hate was crazy lately and definitely getting to me more than ever. I know, ignore the haters they're not important, but truthfully that's a lot harder than it sounds because they're everywhere and they don't stop.

'You should just die.'

'Waste of space.'

Normally, it was okay, the hate and all. It was okay because the four of us would laugh about it and talk, but then Bella came along-and I have absolutely nothing against her-but things aren't the same. Michael and I hang out well Bella, Luke, and Ashton do their own things.

It gets boring though. But I'm not blaming anyone for how depressed I've felt lately. Truthfully, I didn't have much of a reason to do this, but something told me I had to. Maybe I was listening to hate to much, or maybe I simply felt alone and depressed, but I wanted to and I needed to. Now six pills would rush into my system and do who knows what.

I stood up, my hands gripping the sides of the sink.

The pills worked fast, everything started spinning; that's when I panicked and regretted doing it, but it was too late and too many emotions were rushing through me.

"Hurry up Calum!" Michael yelled.

"I-Michael help-!"

I felt selfish asking for help, I didn't want help when I swallowed the pills seconds before. Maybe I thought someone would magically appear and just stop me...

The door swung open just as I blacked out.

I looked at everyone around me. Bella and Luke, Michael, Ashton. They were all sleeping in uncomfortable chairs around my room after refusing to leave.

I still had an overwhelming feeling of selfishness built up inside me; them staying here, for me, didn't help. Because, here I was with my own stupid problems taking up a useful hospital room because I'm stupid. Straight out, stupid.

I was cut out of my thoughts by a dip at the end of the bed. I looked up to see a sleepy looking Bella with a small smile on her face.

"Hi Calum," She whispered.

"Hi," I whispered back, it came out bitter and I didn't mean for it to.

She didn't seem to be offended at all, then again, we've all learned Bella has a thick shell.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She comfortingly took my hand. I looked down, biting my lip.

Here's your time. Talk.

I shook my head.

"It's okay to talk. I told everyone I didn't want to talk, but I really regret blocking everyone out and you will too." Bella explained, a slightly pained look on her face.

"I-I don't know why I did it." I mumbled, closing my eyes and pressing my head back into the stiff pillows behind me.

"Because you felt like you needed to at the moment. Th-that's what happened at the bridge, there didn't seem like any other options because I was hurt and alone; in reality I was none of those things." Bella laughed lightly, shaking her head, "because all of you care about me."

We sat there in our thoughts for a bit before Bella spoke again. "D-do you not like me?"

My eyes widened, "What? No. No, I do. Why are you asking that?"

"I dunno, we just never got close and..." She shrugged. I opened my arms to hug her. A hug she needed and one I needed as well.

She laughed lightly.

"Please don't think that," I mumbled. She smiled softly and nodded.

"You should sleep because it's three in the morning," I pointed to the clock above Luke.

"Sleeping on Luke's lap is not comfortable in anyway."She laughed.

"Lay here."

She looked hesitant, but finally slipped into the small spot next to me on the bed.

"Go to sleep too, okay Cal?"

I chuckled and nodded to respond to her request.

Small Before School Update. Although I might not go today, so maybe more updates?! I dunno!

Loved all the comments on the last chapter:))

XD.

~Ley