Chapter 18

Bella's POV(Outside her body)

The most frightening thing about the phases of death has to be looking down at your lifeless body.

Luke was fast asleep in the chair by my bed, Ashton's eyes were sad and droopy as he stared down at his feet by the foot of the hospital bed. Calum and Michael whispered quietly about missing me...Honestly, I kinda missed them too. Well, yeah, I was with them but not really with them, ya feel?

"It's been two weeks," Ashton mumbled, not even giving a blink. Luke groaned quietly in his sleep.

"I miss her..." Calum said softly. Micahel nodded in agreement.

I rushed over to Ashton, wrapping my arms around him. Of course, he didn't realize since...well, I was actually laying on a hospital bed. 

"Ashton?" I whispered, but even I couldn't hear myself.

I frowned in defeat and hurried over to the bed laying back over me body to get away from what I could see.

Luke's POV

I lifted my head off the matress that I'd laid it on. The room was empty, all except Bella, of course.

I sighed looking at her. She was so beautiful, even when she didn't look completely alive.

"Hey  Bella," I smiled softly, grabbing her hand. "How are you holding off love? We miss you a lot, I hope you're somewhere safe soon. I just want you to know that, if you decide to stay, I'll always be there for you. I really, truly, love you. Ashton's sorry for hurting your feelings, he loves you too. So do Calum and Michael, they're just to stupid to show their soft sides sometimes. I don't know where I'm going with this, I'm not too great with this stuff...but, I love you Bells."

I stood up, leaning over to kiss Bella's forehead, but stopping when I realized she had a tear rolling fown her cheek. Her face hadn't faltered, her eyes still closed, but she was crying now.

I smiled softly, wiping away the tear and placing a kiss in it's place.

"I'm gonna step out for a bit, I need a shower. I'll be back soon, bye."

Bella breathed heavily, I watched in awe as her eyes fluttered open.

"B-Bella?" I managed to choke out. She smiled at my shocked face.

"Hi Luke."