Chapter 20

Bella's POV

I've never been in any sort of council group, so this was all new.

Ashton pulled the car up to the door, my head flashed in his direction. A nervous smile plastered on my face.

"You'll be fine." he promised. I nodded unsurely before slipping from the car. I walked to the doors, quietly making my way in.

"Hi," Someone greeted. I swiveled around to see a man about Calum's height with a long grey beard and grey colored eyes looked at me. "Are you here for the suicide prevention group?"

I gulped. Well when you say it like that...

I gave the man a small nod, he smile reassuringly and pointed towards twin doors. I thanked him and walked through them skeptically.

It was a large room, chairs from-what looked like-a kindergarten class were arranged in a circle in the center of the room. Almost every other seat was still empty.

Everyone chatted amongst themselves, greeting friends when they walked in.

I slowly made my way into the circle sitting by a pretty girl with pale skin and long brown hair. She smiled over at me once I was seated.

"Hi, are you new?" She greeted. I nodded my head.

"What's your name?" The girl asked, adjusting her pin straight hair over her shoulder.

I held the bottom of my sweatshirt sleeves in my palms.

"Bella," I spoke softly, almost too softly. The girl gave me a piloted smile and nod.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Vitoria, but you can call me Vicky." The, now named, girl introduced.

"Hi Vicky." I smiled feeling a bit more confident.

Suddenly someone spoke up.

"Ready to start the meeting?" It was the guys I'd seen when I walked in. He sat in a larger chair around the circle.

"For any new people, I'm Mr. Pattrakis-formally-but you can call me Al, or whatever you'd like" He seemed friendly. Everyone chorused a "Hi Al."

"Okay, so as usual, we'll go around and introduce ourselves. Ah, you first." I felt myself pale slightly as his finger pointed over to me.

"Don't be shy, just give you name and why you're here." Al urged. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

"Um, I'm Bella and...um, I'm
just watching in." I looked over at Vicky and she shook her had, mouthing that I did fine.

Then it was her turn.

"I'm Vicky-Victoria-and I'm here to meet people I can relate to." She smiled.

It was clear shed down this before.

I listened variously to everyone, some people said sad things but no one said "I jumped off a bridge and my dad is Ashton Irwin, you know, from 5SOS."

It went by quick, they gave us an option on speaking. I didn't.

"Bye," I waved to Vicky after exchanging numbers.

She seemed pretty nice. I walked to the corner of the parking lot and hopped into Ash's car.

"How'd it go?" Was the first question. I shrugged, pulling out my phone and scrolling through Twitter.

My phone was snatched out of my hands and lightly tossed into the backseat. I stared down army hands.

"Okay then," I mumbled, placing my empty hands on my lap.