Chapter 57

OMG! Guess what!!:,) *evil laugh* this is the second to last chapter! *gasp*
But...THERE'S GOING TO BE A SEQUEL!!
I hope you guys read it.-.
-)-

"Why can't you come to dance today?" Victoria asked, her voice becoming more high pitched towards the end of the whined out sentence.

"Family problems," I mumbled quietly, "Sorry. I have to go."

I quickly hung up my phone, feeling bad that I didn't allow Vicky to respond. I sat my phone on the side of me and laid on my back staring up at the ceiling.

My eyes slowly closed a few times, but fluttered back open. I was tired, but I didn't really want to sleep. News that I had heard just minutes ago was causing pain in every inch of my body and I was afraid the pain would take over if I slept.

There was a light knock at my door before I heard it creak open. I assumed the person just peeked their head in because I didn't hear foot steps.

Surprisingly, though, the bed dipped and I tilted my head to the side to see Ashton sitting on the side of my bed.

He knew I knew. I could just tell.

He gave me a forced smile, "Get ready for dance."

"I don't want to go today." I mumbled softly, wiggling up so I was sitting on my bum.

I held back the tears burning in my eyes. Ashton's glossy hazel eyes locked with mine. He shook his head, biting his bottom lip.

"I-I'm so sorry, Bella...there's nothing I can do."

I let out a whimper and fell forward into Ashton's open arms letting the tears poor from my eyes.

"In America?" I managed to choke out. Ashton nodded against my shoulder, holding me tighter.

Flashback:
After a year and a half of being adopted, child services come in to check up on everything... sadly, that planned out day for the to come was horrible all around.

"Shut the fuck up, Bella!" Calum groaned, shoving a pillow into the girl's stomach.

Michael back handed Calum, causing the boy to gasp and stumble back.

"Why the hell are you two fighting?" Ashton groaned. Bella completed her way down to the stairs so she was out of the way, where she then sat with Ash.

A pillow picture frame came flying over the banister hitting Ashton on the head. He cursed at the two, jumping up and yelling at them.

Ashton, not dealing with his anger well, stormed up the stairs managing to knock a vase down on his way up...the vase came shattering to the ground, landing in many pieces

Ash ignored the glass and stomped up the stairs, furiously yelling at the two boys, soon to be joined by Luke who just came back from the store.

The boys were so lost in a pointless argument that know one, besides Bella, heard the door. She grunted, carefully waltzing around the glass and over to the door.

"Um, how can I help you?" She asked cautiously, a man in a black suit standing in front of her.

"Chuck, child services of Australia."

The house wasn't Chuck approved.

"I'm sorry Bella," Was all that Ashton could say. I knew the only way he could keep me was if he wasn't in the band, but I couldn't make any of them give up their jobs...They were already in enough trouble as it was.

I pulled away from Ashton, my lip trembling.

"I-I don't want to leave you," I hiccuped.

"I love you so much, Bella."

Suddenly, Luke, Calum, and Michael all walked in with tear stained faces. We were locked into a tear filled group hug.

"Is there anything we can do?" Calum asked, sadly.

Ashton looked down, shaking his head.

"I guess we can only help her pack..."

And that was it, we gave up and began packing my bags...