Chapter 37

Luke's POV

I was abruptly awoken by repetitive screaming the sounded quite like it was coming from a horror movie. I sat straight up, looking over at Ashton who was now in the same position as me. The spot next to me was empty, Ashton's bed was empty as well...besides him being in there.

We both panicked, ripping the covers off and stumbling out of the bed. I ran over to where the noise was coming from, the bathroom.

Ashton had a hand on the door, it was locked. He pressed down, sure enough breaking the lock.

When the door opened everything was silent. Bella stood there, shocked with a large bleeding cut swiped across her right cheek.

Her eyes were wide, Ashton lightly grabbed her arm and tugged her out of the bathroom. Wasn't really enough room in there for multiple people.

She pressed her head onto Ashton's chest, shaking uncontrollably.

"What the hell what that?" Bella managed to mutter out.

Ashton and I nervously glanced at each other. I slipped passed the two and into the bathroom grabbing a wet face cloth. I walked back out, Ashton had Bella sitting on the edge of the bed now. I walked over to her lightly dabbing the large cut as she winced. The salty tears probably burning it more than anything.

"How'd you get in the bathroom?" Ashton questioned, quite nervously may I add. Bella looked in thought for a moment.

"I'm not sure, I was sleeping," She claimed. The bleeding had stopped, so I tossed the cloth to the side and sat by Bella. Usually, she'd rest her head on mine or Ashton's shoulder, but she stared straight ahead with out blinking.

"W-what were you dreaming about?" I hesitantly asked, playing with my lip ring.

Bella took a second to blink, the she scrunched her eyebrows together looking like she was contemplating something.

"I'm not sure. There was a knife in my hand and I-I was in the dark. I really don't know what was happening, but I banged into something and something grabbed me and I was screaming...Im crazy, I'm like mental. What's wrong with me?" She broke down, head in her hands.

I rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"Your not mental princess, you're not crazy." I promised, leaning down to kiss her cheek. She let out a soft whimper, wrapping her arms around my torso. I felt horrible for her, my eyes trailed up for Ashton who looked equally as pained. He sighed softly, tapping Bella's back then glancing up at me as to say he didn't know either.

I scooped Bella up in my arms and walked her over to our bed, laying the restless girl down and kissing her cheek. I climbed in by her, protectively wrapping my arm around her, our legs intwined together. Ashton ran his hands through his hair, walking over and kissing Bella's cheek before excusing himself from the room.

"Go to sleep, Luke" She whispered, rubbing her thumb over my hand that idly dangled in front of her chest.

"M not tired anymore," I kissed her neck, bringing her closer to me.

"Sorry."

"Don't say sorry for something that's not your fault," I pushed back, rolling her over so we were on our sides facing each other, hands intwined.

Bella let out a long sigh, her eyes bloodshot and glossy. She pushed herself closer to me, cuddling into my chest and closing her eyes.

"I can't even explain how much I love you," She mumbled, my fingers running through her long tangled hair.

"Ditto." I smiled softly to myself.

Bella, for once, managed to fall asleep in my arms after a nightmare. Ashton walked in as soon as she fell asleep, as if on cue.

"What was that?" He asked, pulling at his hair while sitting on his bed. I didn't want to get up and sit with him, knowing Bella would just wake up if I wasn't in this spot.

I shook my head, whispering in response, "I feel so bad for her, but I don't know."

"I just can't wait for this to be over, I want to go home." Ashton mumbled, laying flat out on his bed.

I bit my lip, nodding in agreement. "We only have one more stop until we're home, it's just been a few months." but seems like forever.

Ashton nodded, still staring at the ceiling, his chest slowly rising with the small breaths that escaped him.

"I feel like I'm not going something right, all I want to do is help her. She's almost too broken to be helped and I can't help but blame myself," Ashton let out a grunt, covering his face with his hands.

"You're doing everything you can, Ash, and you're doing great at it. We'll find a way to help her, maybe it's time. Maybe we just need time."

[Ashton]

I couldn't help but feel like such a useless guardian, but really, what more was there for me to do. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to adopt a child, not that I regret it-don't take me the wrong way, it's just I'm famous...I'm busy. there's nothing I could/would do now anyway.

I closed my eyes, clutching the blanket beneath me. My stomach hurt from nerves and I was tired, yet not tired. Considering it was six in the morning, I'd be up soon anyway normally.

I glanced over to the other bed, Luke held onto Bella staring off into space in deep thought; he too looked tired.

It was nice to know all the lads, especially Luke, cared so much for Bella. Although Michael, Calum, and Bella aren't the closest...they're still pretty tight.

After an hour in silence, Luke had fallen asleep holding Bella who was now awake, not moving or talking. Id taken a shower and got dressed, Calum and Michael were talking to me in the hall so I could catch them up of what had happened before the three of us entered the room.

"Hi Bella," Michael smiled.

Bella gave a forced smile whispering back a hi.

Luke had his arm and head on Bella, basically preventing her from moving out of the position she was in.

She did sleep, but she looked simply exhausted.

"How are you feeling?" I asked softly. Bella closed her eyes, opening them once again and letting them flicker around the room.

"Can I have Asprin or something, my head's bothering me?" I nodded and rushed into the bathroom returning with a small cup of tap water and a pill. She carefully took it, sitting up as much as Luke's heavy dead weight let her.

She set the empty cardboard cup down and lifted Luke's head from her carefully, scooting herself up and carefully placing his head on the pillows. When she went to slip away, Luke woke up and grabbed her arm pulling her back down.

"Are you okay?!" He asked panicked.

Bella laughed lightly, "I'm fine."

He sighed, looking around and seeing the rest of us standing there. He rubbed the sleep away from his tired eyes and sat up.

"Well, I guess I'm the only one who needs to get dressed?"