Chapter 51

3 rd Person

Run.

Bella ran as fast as she could, sadly for her, her boyfriend was equally as fast-usually faster, but she was running as if her feet weren't touching the ground.

"Bella!" Luke called, but the girl practically couldn't hear over he heavy breathing and sobs.

Then they came to it...the bridge.

Bella quickly looked back at Luke before she grabbed onto it. Luke came up to Bella softly placing his hand on her hips.

"It's going to be okay," Luke whispered, quite out of breath since the school was a good distance away, "I'm here, you can talk to me, there's other things to help you Bella-don't hurt yourself."

Bella sighed loudly staring down at the water, her stomach pressed against the reeling and her back pressed to Luke's stomach.

"You know how much I love you, right? I'm pretty sure I'd die without you with me, you're so so special to me and I can't imagine not being able to hold you in my arms for the rest of my life, Bella. You have to stay with me and be able to talk to me about everything."

Bella honestly didn't know what to say, she leaned back on Luke as to tell him she wanted to get down from the reel. Luke, still holding her hips, pushed back and let her step off the reel. Bella turned to face him, his eyes glossy and a soft smile on his pale face.

"I love you," Bella whispered softly, "I really do."

Luke nodded. "I know and I love you too, that's why we stay together, that's why we can help each other."

They smiled softly at each other and somehow forgot they were on a bridge as Luke lead Bella into the middle of it and sat down, her sitting in front of him, both criss cross.

"So," He began, tucking a piece of hair behind the girls ear, "What happened?"

"Am I an attention whore?" Bella asked, staring at the dark splintery wood.

Luke raised an eyebrow, shaking his head.

"Well that's what everyone else thinks, I guess I get it though. He hurt me Luke." Too many things were running through the girls mind for her to simply focus on one topic, but that's how things had been lately. She blanked out so many things.

"Who?"

Bella sighed, twisting her dirty shoe lace around her finger. "Ashton. F-from school, not our Ashton. In the closet...I don't know what you'd count it as. Sexual harassment, possibly?"

Luke frowned, hiding his anger behind his eyes as he pulled Bella close to him. He was tense, which his girlfriend quickly picked up on.

"I-it's okay...I mean-"

"It's not okay." Luke protested, pulling Bella away from him so he could look her in the eye. He opened his mouth to talk but was cut of my the buzzing on his phone in his hoodie pocket.

He let out a grunt, slipping his phone out and only answering because it was Ashton.

"Some kid just came and fessed up. Is Bella okay? Calum and Michael said you were out of sight in seconds."

"She's alright and they're just really slow. Where would you like me to bring here?" Luke replied to Ashton, keeping his eyes on Bella although hers were on the ground.

"Bring her home please." Ashton muttered, "A-are you sure she's okay?"

Luke was ninety percent sure Ashton was crying, or on the verge of crying. For god's sake, Luke didn't fully know what happened...or really know at all...and still felt like he'd break down at any given moment.