Chapter 23

After, what felt like hours of questioning at the police station Calum and Mike brought me to the hospital to see Luke, Ashton's in surgery.

The first thing I did was rush over to his bed, wrapping my arms around him. Luckily, for Luke, he'd be going home tomorrow when his stitches heeled.

"Can Bella and I have a minute alone?" Luke asked Michael and Calum, they nodded exiting the room. Luke took my hand abruptly, causing me to jump slightly.

"Sorry," I mumbled. Luke sat up in his bed looking a bit uncomfortable. I was pulled into the bed and set to face him.

"How are you feeling about...everything?" He questioned, a look of genuine concern in his blue eyes. I shrugged.

"I don't really know. I constantly feel nervous, like someone's going to grab me whenever I close my eyes. And-and I feel horrible, for being the cause of you and Ash getting hurt when you were just trying to save me." Luke wiped the warm tears from my cheeks, looking into my eyes as I talked, "Im also really tired and I feel lonely, even though I'm not alone."

I looked at Luke to try to see if I was making sense or if this was completely stupid. Luke didn't show much emotion on his face, so I sighed and stopped talking.

"I can't wait until I'm out of here," He sighed, "I just wanna cuddle with you so badly." His cheeks reddened slightly, but I thought it was cute.

"Well then, I can't wait either."

"And Bella, please don't say it was your fault that we got hurt. You were hurt too, the lads and I, we'd put our life's on plate for you. We love you," Luke smiled sadly at me, bringing my hands to his lips and kissing them softly.

"Can I hug you?" I asked cautiously, afraid that if I just hugged him I'd hurt him. He nodded his head, smiling reassuringly.

I carefully leaned in, wrapping my arms around his torso. His kissed the top of my head mumbling soothing words in my hair.

Even though he told me not to feel bad about the situation, I couldn't help it. I just did.

Here, we were sitting here, in a hospital-Luke being the patient-yet he was soothing me. I felt selfish.

I let go of Luke, cleaning up my eyes. I squinted my eyes at him, realizing there was something different about him that I couldn't figure out.

"Oh," I stated in recognition, "Your lip ring. You took it out."

He laughed lightly, nodding his head. He brought his hand to his lips where a black piece of metal usually sits. "They made me take it out for the x-rays," he grumbled. His eyes fell over to the wheeled table over an arms length away from his bed. "Can you hand it to me?"

I quickly leaned over, snatching the small ring from the table. Luke held out his clammy palm, waiting for it. I looked up at him quickly, his eyes questioning me. I leaned in, pecking his bare lips as I set the ring into his hand.

When I went to pull away his arm snakes around the back of my head and pulled me back in. I laughed lightly into the kiss.

When we separated, he put in the ring, smiling brightly. A meet second later Calum and Mike walking back in, clearly getting impatient outside.

"I'm gonna run down to the food court, anyone want anything?" I offered, standing from the bed. Everyone shook their heads before I skipped out of the room.

I did a tiny happy dance in the hall, earning confused looks from patients and doctors.

I had to admit, I was fan-girling over the previous events with Luke...Because, he's Luke. It's that simple.