Chapter 55

"Okay Bella, this is Vance!" Mrs. Deanna gestured to the tall slim lad standing on the side of her. "He'll be your partner for the competition duet!"

The boy, now known as Vance, smiled at me showing off his pearly white and very straight teeth. I smiled back, rocking on my heels.

When I was asked to do a duet I thought maybe it would be with Vicky or someone...I wasn't expecting a guy.

I didn't really have a say at all, we just immediately jumped into learning the dance for competition which was only six days away.

(One of our entrees had to be dropped out so there was a last minute replacement and...tada!)

Mrs. D shut off the music and walked over to Vance and I who were close by in a pose. I took my leg down from the extension when the music came off and shifted so I could face her.

"I'd just like to warn you guys that there will be a kiss, so I'm hoping that in the next six days you make a bit of a connection. Make those judges think you're in love!"

My eyes widened at this, "Y-you do know I have a boyfriend?"

"It's an act sweetie," She laughed, "Now one more time and I'll let you go. After the ending pose you'll turn to each other and kiss until the song fades out, but I want you two to save it for the competition."

I slowly nodded and walked over to my beginning position waiting for the song to start.

We were dancing to Try by Colbie Caillat, the songs beautiful, but I was more focused on the kiss that would take place at the end of it then anything else. I went with the beat making sure to keep on the counts and stick with Vance-he's really, really good.

The song ended and our faces were really close, but as we were told, we didn't kiss.

***

"You're really quiet, is everything alright?" Ashton asked from across the dinning room table. I lifted my gaze from the uneaten plate of food and looked at Ashton, quite dazed.

"Oh, um, yeah. Just-thinking." I mumbled, receiving curious looks.

I was really relieved when it was time to say goodnight to Luke and the lads and go to my room. I didn't sleep though, I stared at the ceiling thinking about the kiss until I realized I was probably just over thinking and I rolled over and let myself drift to sleep.

When I woke up I had to get my papers out because the tutor was there and then I went straight to dance and practiced the Centuries dance with the whole team before working on Try.

"Are you sure we can't just hug?" I asked, falling from my extension.

"You know," Vance chuckled, "You're really hurting my feelings."

I playfully rolled my eyes, sliding to the floor.

I have to admit, Vance is really cool, but, like, not cool enough to kiss...I mean, he is, but not for me...because I have Luke and its acting, but still, it feels wrong.

"C'mon Bella, it's one kiss. It will mean nothing." Vance urged, us being the only two in the studio. I shrugged.

"Let's go try on our costumes!"

****6 Day Jump****

"We can do this," Vance smiled, holding both my hands in his. I closed my eyes, praying to any God that things would go right.

I was wishing that I had mentioned the kiss to Luke, who was now sitting in the audience, front row, waiting for me to come on. Finally, our names we announced. Vance gave my hands one last squeeze before hugging me quickly.

"Vance, I can't kiss you, I have a boyfriend," I mumbled before we i began walking on stage.

"So do I," He whisper yelled after be. I glanced at Luke, my eyes now shining from both what Vance had said and the thumbs up my boyfriend was sending me.

Then we danced and the song almost came to an end. I gracefully fell from my extension and turned to the boy in front of my pressing my lips to his as everyone clapped. I grabbed Vance's large hand and the two of us ran off stage.

"You're a good kisser," He cheered, highfiving me.

I rolled my eyes, pushing his arm. We ran across the hall to go get dressed before I was stopped by Luke.