CHAPTER 77

MERCREDI 09:00

MERCREDI 09:00

Irene and Jihyo are the MC for the opening ceremony. The speech orchestrate by the Dean of each department followed by the Director and the Chairwoman. I feel nervous. The Chairwoman, Kyungha Moon, looked extremely superior. This is my first time seeing grandmother and I can already tell how amazing she is.

I could not understand her speech. I hear nothing as if I turned deaf. Maybe because I am so happy to finally see her.

Mama said Mémé is a very busy person so it is hard to meet her. Today is an important occasion so I am very glad.

After Mémé speech this morning she will leave the ground as Mama said. However, she promised to be with us tonight in the table.

After the educational speech, Mémé voiced out her personal speech.

"As everyone can see, I'm not aging backwards. My hair turned gray and I'm not hiding it with chemical colour." Mémé said and the stadium filled with soft chuckles from her pun. It sounded like she was stabbing those old people who hide their age by dyeing their hair.

"Every Autumn we celebrate the institution's anniversary. How many seasons is there left for me? As years passed I have to step down from my position and choose the right person to follow my steps. When the time comes that I need to restㅡ"

The stadium suddenly filled with sad noises.

"No I'm not going to die yet, children." Mémé let out a soft chuckle. "I may look old but I'm pretty healthy. So what I was trying to say here in front of you teachers and children, I wanted to introduce here at this moment the next founder of Maxence. She is one of the students and in utmost favor I am hoping that everyone will treat her will."

The stadium filled with murmurs. I'm as confused as them. Who could it be?

"May I call my only granddaughter, Son Chaeyoung, here on stage?"

The students gasped altogether that it caused a big wave of sound. All the students where looking at me.

Wait, a minute. . .  Me? Why, me? Did I hear my name clearly?

I looked at the students around me before I look at Mémé. She smiled at me that made me smile too. I could not believe this moment. I wanna froze on my place and melt yet my body moved on its ownㅡmy feet bringing me to the stage. Later did I know I am standing before Mémé.

Mémé open her palm to me with a smile and with honour I placed my hand.

"I want everyone to remember this adorable face. But don't let your guard down. Maxence trained students to be a stronger version of yourselves. Chaeyoung may looked like a harmful kitten, but she will be the tiger queen that will role Maxence."

The stadium filled with voices I do not understand but I can tell from the student's faces the positive energy. Mémé said more but I am so happy to meet her I just stare at her without listening.

Mama was right. Mémé is a good person but her husband is embarrassed to have a failure child and throw Mama away. Yet now, Mama and Pére has fixed their relationship after Mama proven that she can raise me.

MERCREDI 11:35

The opening ceremony has ended and I separated with Mina when knights of the marriage booth started chasing her together with her fangirls. As planned, I got married to Jeongyeon so I will not get chase anymore. The rule is two students will become spouse until the end of the day. Since there are countless of students who want to be married, the students has to vote which pair should wear the rings. The money that each booth will save will be directly donate to the orphanage.

I am near the marriage boothㅡsitting on the bench with Jeongyeon. We will tour around the campus once Mina is here. At this moment, Mina was being chase. Meanwhile her partner was already caught. It was none other than Irene. 

Irene came over. "Chaeyoung, are you behind this?" She sat beside me.

Irene was wearing the same shirt as Mina. The powder pink coloured shirt with a strawberry print on the front that Jeongyeon helped me get. They will looked like a real couple once they are in one picture.

Jeongyeon place her hand over my shoulder. "We are behind this." She grinnedㅡproud of her plan.

Irene shaking her head yet smiling. "Why?"

"Um, I just want you two to have a word. But I swear I'm not forcing you two to talk, I just want to see you two in one picture. I will be there beside you two when Mina is here so she won't bite you."

Irene nodded. "I understand. Thank you for helping me fix our relationship. It will be hard to get Mina's trust again so expect that we will argue a lot today."

I smiled. I believe after this plan, tomorrow will be the start of a new bond.

A new pair was caught that caused a loud squeal from the students around the marriage booth. It was Hani and Jihyo.

I did not think far that as the organizer of the booth will be part of the game. It was in the role, but as long as you received the hundred votes it is possible. I guess the Vice President betrayed her.

"Seulgi, care to explain?" Jihyo said.

The Vice President is the priest so she is safe from the thirsty students.

"Well, I want you to have fun too. You were so busy and stressed these days preparing this event. You deserve happiness, President."

"But with Hani?"

"Yes? Any problem with that? Which student would you think suit to you? There is no better candidate than the Corporal."

Jihyo shaking her head and looked at Hani. "I'm sorry about this. I swear I have no idea what this bear thinking."

Hani smiled. "I know. Actually, I'm on this. Seulgi asked me to marry you."

Jihyo's eyes widened. Hani just smiled and held her hand as she guide her to the altar.

"Now, let us start the ceremony." Seulgi said in a teasing tone.

I watched them get married, exchanged rings and kissed. Um, just on the cheeks.

"Don't you think they looked good?" I asked Irene. She was not listening.

Irene was staring at Seulgi whilst smiling.

"Do you want to marry her?" I changed my question.

She faced me. "Huh?"

I was about to speak when the knights arrived with Mina. Arms fold above her chestㅡdoes not look very pleased. I gulped when our eyes meet.

Mina get her phone and I recieved a call from her. I picked up the call. We are staring at each other when she said this: "You are dead tonight. Promise, I will not be gentle."

"