CHAPTER 57

MEMORIAL GARDEN

MEMORIAL GARDEN

SAMEDI 08:16

"Mom... Dad... I miss you both..." Dahyun mourning silently: reminiscing their memories together. "Please don't worry up there... I'm living a good life down here... I meet people who took care of me..." A tear glissade. She thought she will not shed tears anymore but she missed them a lot.

After almost an hour holding back her tears, she got down the hill and meet Doyeon who was waiting for her on the road.

Doyeon was leaning on her bike. Her long legs crossed and arms above her chest. She opened her arms for reassurance and Dahyun find comfort inside them.

The younger gently caressing the back of Dahyun's head and cupped her face as she wiped the tears with her thumb. "Did you cry a lot?"

Dahyun shaking her head like a baby. "I-I did not. I told you I won't shed tears in front of them."

"Your cheeks are wet. Your eyes are red. And you're telling me you did not cry? Why are you such a bad liar? Don't even try."

"I promised myself I won't shed tears anymoreㅡ" Her lips shaking as she started sobbing again. "B-But I keep crying every time I came here."

Left hand on her waist, right hand on Dahyun's crown, Doyeon smiled and said: "They are your parents. They are people you love. It's alright to cry if you miss them, unni."

Dahyun shaking her head. "I don't want you to see my tears. I can't act weak in front of you. I'm older than you, I should be strongerㅡ"

Doyeon put the helmet on Dahyun. "I will not see your tears this way so you can cry all you want now." She wears the AirPods, "I will not hear your sobs now too." She gets on the bike. "Climb up, grandma is waiting for you since last night."

Doyeon offered a hand. Dahyun grabbed her hand and climbed up whilst crying under the helmet. Doyeon pulled Dahyun's hand around her waist and hit the road.

On the contrary.

A woman in black: coat, cap and mask watched Dahyun and Doyeon left above the hill. She removed the maskㅡit was Sana. She was behind Dahyun: listening while the girl mourned her parents. She wanted to embrace her and let her cry in her shoulder but she can not do it anymore.

Sana was always beside Dahyun whenever she mourns her parents, but their relationship became impossible. She could not wipe those tears anymore.

She looked up at the sky: staring at the space. "Mr and Mrs Kim, what should I do?... I do really love your daughter so bad... I can't let her go... I hope you both will forgive me for causing her so much pain... I promise I will find a way to make her happy again."

"