CHAPTER 55

FLASHBACK LAST SUMMER

PRIVATE ROOM 18:34

"I did not ask you anything in return because I owe your father. He saved my life by risking his own." A grey-haired man in his seventies said, laying on the hospital bed. He spoke with calmness but his tone sounded powerful. He is a man with power.

Eleven years ago, there was a bombing in a formal gathering. A lot of civilians and officers died risking their lives to protect the innocent and cuffed the rebels.

He spoke with gentle: "I gave you everything from nice clothes, good shelter, higher education and financial. I treat you like my own granddaughter..."

"I lack nothing in raising you. I am proud to have an intelligent child. You are smart and has a good future awaiting. I do not want to tie your freedom in our family. I want you to live in your own dreams."

Silence reigned for a moment. He extended his palm and the girl held his big old hand with two hands.

"I am old... Death is already waiting for me in the corner... I do not have long years left to fix things. So I am asking you just this time, as the man who raised youㅡ"

He looked at her eyes in tears.

"End the love you built. I do not wish to break your heart but this is the fate you two will take... She is bound to marry someone. You have to break up with her."

"I am fortunate with a wealth... but I am not fortunate with children. Sana is my only grandchild... I hope you understand that you two can not be together."

"You... Are part of me. But you can not be part of her. You are still young... You will find someone else to love again. Dahyun-ssi, this is my last will before I perish."

SANA'S HAVEN

VENDREDI 19:47

Dahyun spacing out on her seat. She was watching Sana sleeping in her room. She did not notice the time. It has been hours since she got her home, but she could not go home yet.

In this kind of situation, she knew the older well. Sana cries in her sleep whenever she has a fever. Her consciousness is afraid to be left alone. She has been alone ever since her parents got divorced. She long for her mother who lives in a western country with a new family.

Dahyun has been there beside Sana through thick and thinㅡAlthough her cousins are opposed to their relationship. The Kim cousins appeared as very protective towards Dahyun because she does not have parents anymore. They do not wish to lose her too.

Phone ringing. Dahyun answered the call outside the room. It was Doyeon.

✆"Where are you? I thought you went home but you are not here. Tell me where are you, I can fetch you. Are you in your place?"