CHAPTER 09

MINA'S PLACE

MINA'S PLACE

MARDI 07:20

After Mina changed clothes: she prepared clothes for Chaeyoung to wear. She also lent her extra computer and a bag. She left it above Chaeyoung's bed and waited outside.

Mina lean her back against the car and called Mrs Kim to send Chaeyoung's suitcase in her place. After the call, she checked her inbox and saw Chaeyoung's message last night and missed calls. She mumbled: "Such a clumsy French."

Thirty seconds left before ten minutes ㅡ Chaeyoung walked out the door. She stopped in front of Mina, then said: "Um, thank you for letting me use your belongings."

Mina checked her out from head to toe. Her step-sister looked good in her clothes: Bodyfit black shirt tucked in an above-the-knee denim skirt, paired with black Dr Martens, topped with her personal volleyball varsity jacket with her last name and team logo imprinted on the back ㅡ that she does not allow anyone to lay hand on, yet now hugged Chaeyoung's figure. Though the varsity meant a lot to her, she let the girl have it since the team will be releasing new soon.

"Almost," Mina said calmly but with superiority. "Be quicker next time, or else I will leave you. You're a grown-up. You can read the signs, so commuting will not kill you."

"Okay. I will remember that." Chaeyoung beams a sweet morning smile.

Mina ignored her ㅡ not charmed ㅡ and went in the car.

Chaeyoung quickly opened the door and take the seat. She watched Mina applying lip gloss.

Mina noticed her from the mirror. "What are you looking at?"

"Um, I just want to know if it is not too late yet to greet you in the morning?"

Mina shrugged. "It's still seven."

"Then, I can still greet you?"

"Yeah, whatever."

After receiving permission, Chaeyoung leaned closer and kissed Mina on the cheek, then said: "Good morning, Mina."

Mina was again surprised by the unexpected behaviour of her clueless step-sister. "You really want to test my patience, aren't you?"

Chaeyoung blinkingㅡcould not define Mina's words.

"You only have seventy percent left." Ten percent for each principle that will be violated.

"What did I violate?"

Mina sighed cause she hates explaining but she has to. "This is the second one time you kissed me on the cheek. What the hell was that supposed to mean?"

"That is how we greet in French," Chaeyoung answered in the tone of a scared cat.

"Well, you're in Korea." Mina restrained her voice as low as possible. "We don't do that here. Other people might but I don't! Do you know what I hate the most? A kiss on the cheek. That was the first listed in my principles, yet you kept breaking it."

Chaeyoung bites her lower lip, trying to hold her emotion, or else she will break down in tears. "I'm sorry, I should have considered the culture we grew in. It was natural to me, not knowing you hate it." She looked down on her lap. "I'm sorry for being so clueless. I just want to have a good impression on you, so we can get closer because family should love, yet I keep making mistakes. I keep leading things between us worst."

"I don't accept an apology," Mina said in a cold tone.

Chaeyoung looked at her confusedly: her brows arching in an adorable way.

"Once you break my principles, I should do the same in return. Words are not enough." Mina sounded dangerous: as if onward something that nobody was expecting will happen.

Chaeyoung gulped: sensing trouble.

"If you were raised by a cultured country, well..." Mina leaning her body forward and pushed the hair setting over Chaeyoung's shoulder. Their gaze fixed on each other, but Mina's gaze definitely reigning. "I'm cultured on my own." She slipped her hand behind Chaeyoung's neck and pulled her closer and kissed her lips.

As Mina pulled away: a tear skating down the pinkish blushing cheek of her step-sister. Chaeyoung let out a tear: the memory of her friend flashed in her head, she did not want the older girl to kiss her yet because she wants their first kiss to be memorable and special. But today, Mina ruined her fairytale.

Witnessing the tears, a devilish smirk curved on the edge of Mina's lips. "Did I just break your innocence? Your fairytale? Your first kiss with your prince charming?" She is enjoying the teases, and how they affect the girl.

Chaeyoung mapped her tears away. "You could have told me what you like and dislike, so I can watch my actions. Do you really have to step into mine too?" Her voice sounded so broken. A tear escaped once again. She can't control them. A first kiss is a significant matter to her.

"Of course. I don't accept words as an apology. You break mine, I'll break yours. We're even now, aren't we?"

Chaeyoung shifted her gaze outside the window and mumbled: "You're so cruel."

Mina smirked in victory and started the engine and drove to Starbucks and ate their breakfast, then proceed to the University.