CHAPTER 20

MAXENCE WOMAN UNIVERSITY

MERCREDI 08:34

Chaeyoung was in the library, taking the seat on the same table yesterday. Her class will start at nine-thirty but she came early with Mina because of their different schedules.

Chaeyoung insisted to commute but Mina left the words: Do you wanna die?

Chaeyoung left no choice but to come. As usual, she grabbed a book that binds her interest whilst waiting for the time.

"Bonjour." Irene greeted from behind.

Chaeyoung automatically smiled upon hearing the familiar voice. "Irene."

Irene sat across her. "Did you had your breakfast?"

Chaeyoung forgot that she did not have a meal since last night. She was terrified to go down. "Hm. Not yet."

Irene looked concerned. "Why?"

"Um, ah..." Chaeyoung struggled to find the right words. "The atmosphere this morning was kinda not good."

Irene nodded. "That is understandable. You will get along as days passed. Well, you're fortunate 'cause I bought snacks." She set the bag of sandwich and strawberry milk on the table.

Chaeyoung smiled in relief. She did not feel hunger earlier, not until Irene mentioned it. Now she's eager to eat. "I'm grateful, but we are not allowed to eat here right?"

Irene nodded. "Yes, but I am the librarian at this moment. It's fine to break rules sometimes."

"You're breaking rules when you're a Law student."

Irene shrugged and playfully smile. "Lawyers are no saints. C'mon, have a bite."

Chaeyoung had a bite as told. "Thank you for this."

Irene smiled in response, yet the smile disappeared when she saw Mina near the stairs. Their eyes meet for a second before Mina had decided to leave.

Irene suddenly felt bad knowing Mina carried a bag of food that is absolutely for her sister.

Chaeyoung noticed the sudden change of mood. She glimpsed over her shoulder and asked: "Are you alright?"

Irene reassured with a smile that she is alright, and pat Chaeyoung's crown. "Eat well."

Meanwhile.

Mina throws the food on the trash bin outside the library and kicked it. Her hard Dr Martens left a dent unto the metallic structure.

She cant figure the source of her anger: Was it from Irene? Was it from Chaeyoung? One thing definite, her blood boils seeing them together.

DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION

MERCREDI 09:33

Communication period. The class had started but Tzuyu is not in the room yet. Dahyun stretching her head every corner, looking for the tall girl.