Chapter LXII

Chapter Sixty-Two | Shatter in Reality
____________

With everyone gone and complete silence following their absence, there was nothing but just the presence of us two. I saunter my way across the room, gracefully placing one foot in front of the other, accommodating to my new flow of life. My path was solely focused on the crib that holds the two pieces connected to my soul, soundlessly they lay curled up to one another as I stand above them, watching over them.

My heart sailed with tranquility. I never knew such feeling existed until the moment I found out about their existence, underneath the anxiousness and fear that swelled up inside of me then: the slither of happiness shone and grew with each passing day as much as they did. I reach forward and pass my hand over Adelia's head of hair, the softness of it tickling my fingertips.

Delano does nothing more than watch me, not hastening me further to start the long-awaited conversation. A few moments more, I stand and watch as life passes through my twins, calmly as they slept, my thumb grazing their skin ever-so-slightly. Pulling away from the crib, I turn and find Delano standing in front of a dresser with a framed mirror behind it, unbuttoning his black coat to his suit. Sleeve by sleeve, he removes the day's weight off his shoulders, tossing it over the arm of a red-cushioned single chair that was perched diagonally of the dresser.

The white dress shirt clings to the muscles that flexed with every moment, the markings along his wrist that lead to blanket his arm visible to me for a short moment. A stir of heat gathers at the core between my legs causing me to turn away from the scene that played out before me, heading to the king-sized bed that centered the room. I bring the tension of today's event off my feet, taking a seat on the soft red bench placed in front of the bed.

Loose strands of hair slip over my shoulder to frame my face as I bend down and unstrap the heels from my foot, flexing my toes once they were free from their confinements. I choose this moment to look up in the direction of Delano, to already find him gawking at me with those blue daggers of his through the mirror.

"Is there anything particular you wanted to know, amore?" he suggests, loosening the button clips around his wrist.

Tossing my own shoes off to the side, I shrug to ignore the tingling feeling the simple word brought to my body and appear casual; while extending my legs into a stretch, the silk of the dress pooling on the floor.

"Not that anything comes to mind right now, no," I say in return, looking from beneath my lashes.

"Well, I'll start with the difficult one first," he begins, turning towards me and watches me with dark eyes.

"The Buio dimension was once earth."

Both he and I stare aimlessly at one another, his words hovering in the air like a balloon waiting to escape to the edge of the world's atmosphere, waiting to burst. Delano watched me with scrutinizing hues, focusing on my face, anticipating my reaction. My brain wasn't capable of finding the correct words that were suitable for how I was felt; a part of my conscious wanted to find the lie in his words, laugh in his face and praise him for his joke yet the other part knew there wasn't one, my reason for the air I breathe now being the thing I thought as a child was a myth.

The simple reminder of what I've endured over the course of months coming back tenfold. All I physically could do was tilt my head back and sigh heavily, shaking it from side to side, the tiniest of a deranged chuckle heaving through my nose.

"Of course," I mumble to myself.

"I know it hard to trust what I'm saying, as surreal as it sounds, but 'tis nothing but the truth." Delano adds, "My kingdom, Eypra, was once called home to humans when all supernatural's used to co-exist peacefully together."