Chapter XXIX

Chapter Twenty-Nine | Pure Blood
______

It was just like the fairytale books and movies. Lights glowed so brightly you would have thought it was daytime even though the darkening skies were a clear sign it wasn't, so many balls of lights illuminated far beyond the landscape; I couldn't stop my jaw from dropping at the sight.

I could make out that we were someplace high up, overlooking the city, the lights were like flickering stars in the sky, all different colors and patterns flickering before my eyes.

"What is this?" I ask in a breathless voice.

Staring at me unblinking, Delano tore his eyes away from my form and stares down at the city's below, eyes shadowed and posture tense.

"This is my Kingdom, Epyra." his answer holding an edge.

The curtains slowly slide and drape back in black, drenching us in darkness once more, and then bright lights begin to flood and wash over every surface in the room. I scan my eyes across the walls, the bedside tables, anything; searching for where the light was coming from. There was nothing, no lamps, no candles, no fireplace, nothing to explain the lighting.

"We don't have electricity like you humans have back on earth," Delano speaks, answering the confusion that was surely swirling in my eyes. "Our light and energy for things in this realm is provided by the core of this world. We simply have to want to light up a room for it to work."

His blue orbs glitter as he glides across the room back towards the bed and sits on the edge, facing me with unreadable eyes besides the calmness he always carried. I blink, processing his words.

"Realm? What are you talking about? Where are we?" my wide eyes stare into his calm ones that didn't provide me any reassurance from my rising anxiety.

"Kaitlyn, we aren't on earth anymore, nowhere near it. Like I've said, we're in my Kingdom located in the center of Buio Dimension."

The silence between us stretches and my mind is blank and thoughts scattered, I don't know what I expected— Vampires were real, of course, something crazier was going to happen or to be said.

"What the fück?" I whisper in the air, the only thing I could muster up.

A look of surprise flashes across Delano's face as he leans in a bit, accessing my facial expression. "I excepted you to be screaming, maybe even try to run."

Suddenly his eyes take on a dark glint, "Though I would have already caught you, by then." he adds.

I shiver at the tone of his voice, crossing my legs underneath the thick duvet. Clearing my throat, I look him dead on in his eyes.

"Are you going to tell me about you and. . .what you are?" my voice grows quiet, his intense gaze messing with my thoughts.

"I suppose."

I watch as he unbuttons his suit jacket and shrugs it off, the fabric rustling dryly together as he tosses the item across the room, landing precisely on one of the sofas off to the side. I nearly choke on my saliva at the image before me, his dark tinted undershirt clung to his torso, giving nothing off to the imagination, the sleeves fitted his muscles arms and the broadness of his shoulders.

Turning back towards me, he scoots from the edge of the bed to sitting a few feet from me, the air between us is charged; electricity currents passing back and forth like a river flow.

I swallow thickly, "S-so what are you?" I ask.

His eyes narrow a bit, seeming not affected by the small space. "You beings call us Vampires, creatures of the night while collecting and writing false tales and stories about us for centuries but in reality, we're not— I'm not, I'm what you call a Pureblood," he explains.