Chapter XX

Chapter Twenty | Danger
_________

"My name is Marcus and I'll be your doctor for today."

I couldn't but smile back at him, he had a cherry aura around him that me feel at ease, despite the brooding figure standing close by.

"No before we really start, I need you to remove your undergarments so I can have access in checking your cervix." Marcus states, heading to a cabinet and taking out a pair of gloves.

I blanched, "Uh. ."

Marcus looks up from placing his gloves on and sees my expression, "Is this your first doctor's appointment?" he wonders.

I shook my head, "No, um, I had one back in the states when I first found out I was pregnant. ." I trial off.

"What was it for?"

"To get an abortion."

I find my fingers threading through the tangles of my hair, my hands trembling a bit, I cast a quick look to see Delano leaning against the wall showing no emotion.

"Well," Marcus says, grabbing my attention again. "Seems to me that you kept the child, congratulations." he smiles.

"This visit will be different though, I'll be checking to see if your cervix has changed for when you give birth, and I'll be able to do a check on your baby, sounds good, ?"

I nod, and slowly slid off the table and make my way to the restroom that was across room, once I had my underwear clutched in my hand I made my way back to the room. Walking in, I shuffle over towards the table again and hop back on.

"Ready?" Marcus asks, grinning.

"Yeah," and I scoot down on the table and lift my dress a bit, hesitantly opening my legs.

"Okay let's see."

He swivels a small chair in front of me, and settles down, moving in front of me, parting my legs a little more her inched forward and did a little shifting before I felt his fingers at my entrance. I jerk at the coldness.

"Sorry, you're going to feel a bit of coldness and pressure."

I nod, laying my head back in the soft cushion of a small square pillow as I stare up at the ceiling. Marcus probes his finger at my open entrance and pushed his forefinger and middle inside, I wince.

A short, curt growl sounds from the side of me and I flicker my eyes over to Delano to see him staring at the man between my legs with burning anger. His reaction confuses me a bit and I turn back to gaze down at Marcus when he begins mumbling.

"Your cervix seemed to have softened and rose a bit, that's good." he feels around for a second longer, his fingers rubbing against the wall of my cervix and I shift to relief some pressure.

"I think that's it, you're doing pretty good." the doctor says as he leans back and snaps the gloves off his hand.

I give a tiny smile, "Awesome."

"Now to check on the little one."

He glides back in the chair, and turns, grabbing something from a bottom cabinet before he's back at my legs and cover them with a small blanket and moving the hem of my dress a bit higher to reveal my stomach.

The cool air hitting the exposed skin sends a chill down my back, and goosebumps begin to rise, Marcus moves over to the monitor beside the bed booting it up— which doesn't take long. He takes a knob with clear ball at the tip and spreads clear gel over my stomach.