Chapter XXXV

Chapter Thirty-Five | Mark
______

M A D D I E

I walked around this castle as if I’ve been here all my life and I knew where every room was, unaware of the danger that lurks inside it: thing is, I wasn’t afraid or terrified of the things that lurked in these shadows, they can’t compare to what I felt the might me and tried to get away.

Just the thought of it causes heat to rush through me and right behind it was anger, the sanity I had that night was taken from me in the ink of an eye. My skin begins to prickle with awareness at his presence, I pick up the pace of my walking in search of the kitchen for food to bring back to Kaitlyn.

“No matter how fast you walk, I’ll always catch you.”

I tense at the sound of his voice, yet I can’t stop my body’s reaction to him, it flares with heat and desire and the need to feel his touch but I ignore it all as I turn a corner that leads down another hall. I release a frustrated breath, this being the fourth time I turned down the wrong hall that didn’t lead to the destination I was looking for.

‘Big ass Mansion.’

I feel his presence behind me. “You turned down the wrong hall, a couple ways back.”

Huffing out a deep breath, I whip around and face Adrian with a blank look while crossing my arms. “Why didn’t you say anything aside from just following me?”

He shrugged, an arrogant smile plastered on his lips. “I didn’t want to.”

“Well can you show me the damn way to the kitchen?” I hiss, digging my nails into my arm.

“Magic word?”

I wanted to so badly smack the smirk on his face that only seemed to grow wider at the expression on my face, but the other part of me analyzed how plump his lips were and what they would feel like pressed against mine.

“Fúck. You.” I say through clenched teeth.

Adrian’s laugh was deep and carefree, vibrating through me as it shot into the air.

“Not exactly the answer I was looking for,” he paused, his eyes sliding over my form before stopping on a spot on my neck. “But again, all you have to do is ask.”

My body flares up with the unmistakable notion of sweet desire at his words, my legs began to quake at the dark potent look in his eyes as they slowly began to bleed into red; his nose flared with the deep breath he took. With a shuddering exhale, I turned away from those intoxicating eyes and take calming breaths.

“Can you just show me the way.”

A moment of silence before he spoke up again. “Fine.” and the sound of his feet turning away and walking away from me causes me to look in time to see his back facing towards me.

Silently, I followed him, savouring the quiet air between us that I knew wouldn’t last long. We headed back the way we came yet took different routes and halls that eventually lead us to a pristinely clean— untouchable— kitchen. I didn’t waste time gazing at the décor since I’ve already wasted enough trying to find the place.

“So, since you’re going to be staying with us for awhile.” Adrian finally spoke up, “Tell me something about yourself, something I don’t already know.”

I can feel his gaze on the back of my neck, my muscles tensing at his words as I still worked around the kitchen to make lunch. I opened the fridge and waa shocked to see that they actually had human food.