Chapter XII

Chapter Twelve| Memory
______

D E L A N O

The pounding stopped. And the heartbeat of the girl's heart slowed to a soft thumping other than its frantic ones. A sigh escapes me, while I run a hand through my hair.

"I see you haven't changed."

I snap my eyes open and swiftly look over at the stair railing where she stood on, balancing her weight. It overlooked the entrance way and the living room archway as well. Her blue eyes flickered and swam with mirth, glowing as she gazed at me.

"You're as cold as ever," she said with a grin.

I frowned, "What are you doing out of your room, Kyri?"

She took a few steps forward along the thin railing, arms spread out like an eagle, as her hair swayed with the steps she took. Kyri's lips lifted into a taunting pout.

"Still bossy as ever too."

"Kyri. ." I was already tired of dealing with a stubborn woman, I didn't have time to deal with an annoying sibling.

She rolled her eyes, and swiftly hopped off the railing, her bare feet meeting the wooden flooring.

"I came to see what the big fuss was," she responded, waving her hand around. "And I see you throwing a human into the guest bedroom. Mind telling me what that was about?" she cocks her hip to the side.

I stare at her for a moment, "No."

The clad heels of my shoes thump against the floor as I stride over to said room, just as Kyri's whine fills my sensitive ears.

"Come on Delano."

My hand stops on the knob, and I turn towards her, my eyes hardening. "I said no, Kyri. Now go back to your room."

I didn't wait for a response, I turned the knob and slowly pushed the door open and immediately spotted Kaitlyn's body a couple of feet from the door. She laid on her side, eyes shut peacefully with dried tears streaks leading down her cheeks.

She was sound asleep.

I pushed the door in more, making sure it didn't hit her body, and I slide inside walking around her form. I could hear her heart's soft thumps in her chest, kneeling I collected her in my arms and stood back up, holding her weight.

Kaitlyn subconsciously snuggled closer to my chest, a small sigh escaping her lips. I titled my head, staring at her in wonder.

"She's a beauty," Kyri observed from the doorway.

I sigh, turning my back to her, and walk over to the queen sized bed that was posted along the wall and place the maiden in my arms within it. I watch her stuff her face in a plush pillow falling into a deeper sleep, my hands undo her shoes and drop them to the floor.

"She's carrying your seed." my beloved sister, breathes out in awe.

I grit my teeth, nodding as my eyes glide down Kaitlyn's body and stop on her stomach. "Indeed," I replied absentmindedly, a second later catching what slipped from my lips.

I can feel her sly eyes on my face, gauging my expression before she turns back. "What will mother and father think?" she queries, coming to stop beside me.

My hands curl, my nails digging into my palm. "They won't," I start, and I see her open her mouth, "Because they won't find out," I finish, looking directly in the eyes.