Chapter VIII

Chapter Eight | Italy
_______

I slowly regained consciousness to the sound of low purring of an engine in my ears. A pounding began to take strike my temples as I move my eyes under my lids just, I wiggle my fingers to rid of the numbness I started to feel; with a quiet gasp, my eyes shoot open and I was granted with the sight of a beige ceiling of a car, I could tell I was laid on my backside, in the back seat.

I stared, my mind drawing a blank with no recollection of where I was. Soft-spoken voices could be heard from the seats in front of me, shifting my gaze, I settled them on the back of someone's head. On the right side, one was blonde and a girl and the other was brown haired.

"Delano seemed pretty pissed with you." the oddly familiar voice on the left spoke, his voice slightly deep and teasing.

The girl, as I now see, tched. "I don't see why it's not like he cares for the human."

"She is carrying his seed."

'They're talking about me.' I think, grimacing as I try to remember where I've heard their voice from.

Shutting my eyes for a second, I dig through my mind trying to clear a haze that settled over it. That's when everything flooded in, catching me off guard, my hand flew to my mouth and my heart spiked the same moment the girl shushed the boy.

"You heard that?" she asked, quieting down and all I could hear was my blood pumping through my veins and my heart beating.

With a quiet shuffle, she turns around, her black beady eyes staring through me, a haughty expression falling over her face.

"Seems like the human's waking," she speaks, a small cruel-like smile curling at her lips.

I scramble up and push myself to the other side of the car and away from her petrifying gaze, sitting directly right behind the driver's seat, pressed against the door. I could feel my heart beating a thousand miles a minute, short pants passing through my lips.

The boy chuckled, "Eileesha leave her alone, her heart's beating so fast in her chest I'm afraid it'll burst." he states, turn the car down a road.

I keep my eyes on 'Eileesha' who continued to stare back, those dark brown eyes of hers, seeming black narrow before she turned back around. I released a breath I had no idea I was holding and slump against the car door.

At that moment I finally realize where I am, I jerk into a sitting position and turn towards the window where the car passes old and new looking buildings, their structures unfamiliar.

"Uh, w-where am I?" I ask, slowly turning back around.

Abel raises his hand and tilts the review mirror down until I could see his eyes through the mirror, the strikingly intense grey eyes left me breathless.

"We're going to meet up with Delano at the motel," he says, ignoring my question.

I swallow. "Where are you taking me?" I try again, my hand sliding down to my stomach.

Abel flickers his eyes through the mirror locking gazes with me, something passes through them before its gone, shaking his head he turns his attention back toward the road.

•••

The familiar queasy feeling starts in my belly, I close my eyes hoping for it to just pass, a few seconds then minutes pass and its still there. My stomach starts to twist and turn as I could feel it slowly crawl its way up my throat, I feel myself start pale and sweat with the effort to force that crawl down.