Chapter XI

Chapter Eleven | Trapped
_______

I didn't move. I couldn't.

The sight before was magnificent, in all my years I've never seen anything like this. Although that's excepted since I live on the other side of the world, I sat still in the car mouth gaped open. The structure of the building was of old times, the building was three stories high and looked like a castle an Queen would stay at for vacation; this was only the front. Shrubs were placed underneath the Victorian windows and a bed of roses in front of them

I shut my mouth, just as the door was abruptly opened, I leaned back just in time and Delano's face appeared before mine.

"What's the hold-up?" he growled, glaring down at me.

I meet his gaze, "As much as I would love to go inside," I say, casting my eyes over to the castle-like house. "I'm not going anywhere."

A snort came from beside me just as Delano's eyes flashed dangerously.

"What?" he growls, the edges of his eyes crinkling.

I couldn't help but notice his growl was a bit more animalistic, close to that of a forest creature's warning growl, but I shook the thought away before glaring at him.

"I said, I'm not going anywhere," I repeat, turning and leaning back in the seat with my arms crossed.

A laugh causes Delano to shift, his gaze connecting with a highly amused Abel. He stood a few feet behind him, hands in his pocket.

"I think she's serious," he laughed once more, "Just look at her face."

Delano turned back towards me again, his jaw set, and I could almost see threads of his patience snapping one by one.

"Kaitlyn. ." the way he said my name was frightening, but I didn't back down. "Get out of the car," he spoke each word with slowly with force, anger seeping in.

I sharply turned my head towards him, my own anger rising. "No! Until you take me back home, I'm not leaving this car." I tell him, my accent appearing with my mother's tongue.

I literally heard the last thread of his snap. And I regretted opening my mouth.

His eyes flashed a bright red, the side of his lip curling upward in a snarl-like move, my anger evaporated in an instant and before I could react, he grabbed my wrist in a bruising grip; hauling me out of the car.

"Ah!" I gasp, falling to the ground on my knees, sharp pain blooming in the area.

Delano didn't stop as he roughly pulled me to my feet and dragged me towards the front doors.

"Let me go!" I tugged at my wrist, some of my anger returning. "Connard! Laisse-moi aller!" I yelled.

Scratching at his hand did no good, all he did was tighten his grip as I held back a wince. We rush up the steps and to the door, I dig my heels into the ground the second he opened the grand doors because I knew, once I'm inside: I would never leave.

Delano stopped through the threshold pulling me along, and in a desperate act, my free hand clasped the door frame tightly. This halted him in his steps when he felt a tug, stopping his movements, he snapped his head back toward me, blue eyes darken in rage.

"Let go of the door," his voice was deep and made me shiver. Not in a good way.

"No!" I refused, vision blurring with tears as my chest heaved up and down with deep breaths.

"Kaitlyn!"

I shook my head, turning to look out the door where Abel and Eileesha stood watching the scene. My eyes shifted up to the sky, the orangish-red began to blanket and this would probably be the last I saw it or felt the wind on my skin and the dewy air upon my face. Tears began to cascade.

"You can't keep me here. ." my voice cracked while I looked over my shoulder.

He didn't answer right away but I knew the answer already, by the look in his eye that's all I needed to know. With a strong tug, he ripped me away from the door and plastered my back against his front with my feet lifted off the ground, his arms were wrapped around me and keeping my arms to my side all while he strode towards the stairs.

I kicked, screamed, and cried with the strength I didn't know I had but he wouldn't budge, he was stronger. Each step he walked, I was hysterical, I just wanted to go home and I wish this never happened.

He opened the nearest door as soon as he reached the last step and immediately dumped me on the bed. At that time I didn't admire the room before I was up and running towards the door only to have it shut in my face, the sound of the door locking from the outside haunted me.

"Let me out!!" I banged on the door, "You can't do this!"

My fist pounded against the wooden door, aching from the force but I didn't stop. I couldn't.

"Je veux aller a la maison! Laisse moi sortir, bâtard!" I shout, nothing but silence answering me.

The tears come faster, and chocked sobs lock up in my throat as I hiccup, I continue to pound on the door for I don't know how long and the only time I stop was when my hands were blooding the door. I unclench my hands and place my palms on the surface and slide down to my knees.

'I just want to go home.'

Despair fills me, as I lean forward on the door. I slam my hand against the door at one last feeble attempt before sliding my eyelids shut, my body shutting down.

•••
[ edited ]

HEY I UPDATED! I know worst author in history 😩 I have no excuses, I'm just a lazy bum! I did my best with this one, if its short for you, I'm sorry 💕💕 hope you enjoyed this chapter