Chapter XXVIII

Chapter Twenty-Eight | The Other Realm
_________

M A D D I E

Wind whipped my hair harshly in my face, the weightlessness I felt made my heart lurch to my throat and terror to zip through my veins like a speeding race car; the hard, tight, arms that bounded around my waist gave me a sense of reality that it was all real.

Screams tore through the air and it took me a second for me to realize that they all came from me. And all too soon, the wind stop, the air was still, I wasn't moving anywhere and my back was slammed into a hard surface, the blur of movements was too much for my eyes as I squeeze them shut and keep my stomach from ending outside of my body. Firm hands grip the insides of my elbows, pinning them to the rough tree bark.

"You. . ." the creature growls against my neck, the vibrations coming from his chest and vibrating throughout mine. "You are one of the craziest humans I have met."

I stiffen, my hands balled into a fist by side when those sharp weapons in his mouth dragged the underside of my jaw and the length of my neck; I couldn't suppress the shudder that rushed through me. My hands come up to grasp what I could reach— his wrist— and I tried to tug my elbows back from his hands but to no avail.

Adrian stepped closer, his front flushing among my own, my breast were pressed against his chest and I could feel every ridge and hard surface of his body, I tried to focus on something else, my attraction towards him was not stopping me, the non-beating organ in his chest helped me tremendously.

"Let go of me," I gritted out, digging my nails into his cold skin.

"But I don't want to, you've intrigued me, Maddie." his voice was like velvet, captivating me once again. "Like no other."

He pulled back, his dark eyes flashing with mine, swimming with a hunger so deep it shook me to the core — though, I couldn't stop my body's reaction. Liquid heat poured from between my legs as I clenched them tightly together, pushing myself father back into the tree when his eyes flash darkly, the haunting red bleeding back into his iris.

He hums deeply, eyelids lowering to a hooded gaze as he looks down at me. "I see I have an effect on the human."

My cheeks flare as I glare harshly up at him, "No you don't! Now get your oversized body off me before I kick—"

My words cut off as he suddenly pushes his hips forward, the very clear and hard arousal pressing into my hips, a shuddering breath empties into the air as I look up at the tree leaves looming up over us. His chest was once more rumbling, almost purring, his hands coming down to hold my wrist to my side.

Adrian's eyes glow a deep red as he stares down at me, lips parting to reveal in his fangs that glint dangerously. Fear shoots through my veins at an alarming pace, pumping with my blood, my heartbeat heard in my ears, I'm sure facial expression expressed what I was feeling.

"I claim you," he whispers seductively, leaning down until his face was a breath away from mine, "I claim you. You're mine now."

In a blink, his face disappeared from in front of me and buried in the hollow of my neck, those threatening fangs piercing my skin.

•••
K A I T L Y N

The slight throb in my head woke my conscious and along followed my body, my legs twitch and shift for a better position as I inhale deeply, the fresh clean smell of sheets; the soft-firm of a mattress under my form, my limbs sore and in need of a good stretching. This was one of the times that I felt well rested and regenerated, it was then that I made a move to sit up that I registered the arms caging me to a broad chest.