Chapter XV

Chapter Fifteen | Apology
__________

'Well, this sucks.' I thought, a bit glumly.

My hands hung outside the open window, feeling the ocean breeze that was nearby as it blew strands from my messy ponytail back from my face, caressing my face with gentle touches.

The sun was just rising over the horizon and I didn't sleep a wink the night before. Four full days I have been trapped and stuck in this room with the contrary of getting three meals a day, truly felt like I was in prison and every time I thought about it, it made me want to laugh. In my mind, it seemed hopeless to fight my way out of this house, plus my energy has been zapping out of me because of the baby so I can't do anything too hard.

I inhale the saltiness of the ocean's water, loving how an instant calmness washes over me. I was also entering into the fourth week of my pregnancy, keeping track of the time within my mind, the lower part of my stomach was beginning to curve outward and harden, but the bump was still small; and with clothes, it looks as if I'm not even excepting.

Kyri has been keeping me company the whole time I've been kept inside, and a few times so has Abel but not once did I see Delano— as I excepted to. Unconsciously, my hand reaches up and runs across the two healing holes on the side of my neck, there was some part of my mind keeping me from wondering how he caused them, it felt like I did know what caused.

Suddenly the door to the room swung open, and I whipped around to see Kyri at the door, a smile on her face.

"Get dressed! I'm getting you out of this room to stretch those legs of yours," she said, walking in, and closing the door partially.

I frown, "And where am I going?"

"Around the castle," she states, coming to standing in front of me, "I'm giving you a tour."

My eyes drift over her face to see she was completely serious, she expression shifts to an irritated one. I realized I haven't moved an inch.

"Chop, chop! Let's go."

Kyri reaches down and her fingers curl around my wrist, pulling me up to my feet. I was standing in nothing but my bra and underwear since my original clothes were beginning to smell. . .

"I don't have any clothes to wear," I tell her. And as if excepting my comment, she pulls a plain black shirt and jeans from behind her back that I hadn't noticed.

"Already covered," she giggles.

•••

The sound of our footstep echo in the spacious halls as Kyri pointed out every room, describing what it stands for and what's inside.

"And behind that door is the wash n' dryer," she says, while pointing to a dark wooden door, to the left as we walk by, "Later on today I'll bring your clothes here and wash. I'll also bring new sets of clothes to your room so you won't have to worry about them while you're here."

She paused, stopping in her tracks, a thoughtful look on her face. "Or until someone can buy you new ones."

My eyes widen with a start, as I turn towards her fully. "Y-you don't have to do that! That's very generous of you, but please—"

"Nonsense," she interrupted, "You don't possibly think that you'll still be able to fit your clothes now with that child growing in you?"

She had a point, and she knew she did when I didn't immediately respond. With a small smile, she beckoned me to follow her down the hall where floor-to-ceiling double doors were planted at the end of it. Placing her palm upon the handle, Kyri pushed in the doors that lead to an enormous library.