Chapter XXXIII

Chapter Thirty-Three | The Flutters In My Stomach
_______

I quickly slipped into the room with a heavy heart and shut the door behind me before leaning against it. My emotions were all over the place, but, it was still a surprise when tears began to spill down my cheeks. I clutched the shirt to my chest and then to my nose- inhaling deeply. And for sure, there was his smell that drenched the material and filled my senses. I didn't want to believe it, but everything was pointing to the evidence to what had happened.

"Fúcking asshole," I hissed out, moving away from the door and towards the bed.

I didn't have a right to be angry, hurt, disgusted or jealous at his actions, he was his own person, but still- I couldn't stop the hurt from overwhelming my heart.

I threw the shirt harshly on top of the bed spread, my hands resting on my hips as I tilted my head up toward the ceiling. A hot breath passes through my lips, my fingers wiping the wetness that poured from the broken faucet of my eyes: never stopping.

Everything added up, after our "moment" he was immediately gone from my sight as I wondered where he disappeared to and now I do. And image of their bodies tangled in the throes of pleasure nearly makes me vomit, clearing my throat, I take deep calming breaths and move towards the window that overlooks the lights.

Just like before, they flicker and sparkle in the distance, the city showing its liveliness that the castle didn't have. My heart continues to hurt as I place my hand over my stomach and run the bulge that contains my life, I was reacting like a wife who found out her husband was cheating. I numb my emotions and stare blankly ahead when I hear the door to the room open.

•••

I knew it was Delano because one, he didn't knock to be let in and the way my body would heat up on its own accord like it knows when he's near by. He must have felt the strained atmosphere in the air, his steps slow and steady, as if he walked on eggshells and didn't want to do anything that would probably set me off.

I watch him watch me through the reflection of the glass window, he shuts the door behind him and closes us off in our silent world; the silence speaking louder than any words could. His eyes shift from my form to the white shirt that stuck out like a black sheet in a field of snow, his nose flare out and a flicker of recognition crosses his eyes.

He turns his attention back to me and his fingers curl into a fist, "When did this-"

"Your little hussy was standing outside the door when I returned from hanging out with Abel."

My voice was cold, sharp, and devoid of anything I was feeling. His eyes narrowed at my declaration.

"What were you doing with Abel?"

"I don't think I should tell you what I was doing with Abel, same as you did with me." I turn around and walk the length of the room until I'm a few feet from him and the shirt.

"Here's what I will tell you, though," I tech down and grip the short before tossing it at his face. "Before you go around kissing people 'til their last breath make sure you mean it."

Delano pulls the shirt from his face and stares at me as I turn away from him and head towards the connected bathroom to the right side of the room. That's when a small like flutter sensation took over my stomach or more preferably inside- I gasped aloud, stopping in my tracks as i clutched my stomach.