Chapter LXI

Chapter Sixty-One | Anew
________

At Kyri's appearance, the women jerk with surprise and hastily curtesy in greeting, seeming flustered in the face as they did so.

"Princess Kyri," the blonde responds, "it's so nice of you to join us."

"Just making my way around and greeting the guest," she responds to them simply, smiling down at them as they continued to curtesy.

She flicks her wrist and they right themselves, projecting their innocence as if they weren't interrogating me a moment ago. With a strong bitterness settling in my bones, I turn my head, picking up the plate I once occupied and quietly filled my mouth with delicious flavors.

There was a small minute of silence, from the corner of my eye, I catch Kyri gazing at them with nothing but a smile on her face. The women could do nothing more than smile back nervously, a couple of them breaking out into cold sweats while flitting their eyes around. Before another minute could wash over, the blonde clears her throat, shattering the atmosphere and cracks a half-smile.

"If you'll excuse us, princess, it was nice meeting you, but we have somewhere to be," she mumbles, dipping into a curtesy.

"Of course, enjoy!" she says after them, watching as they quickly blended with the crowd.

I sigh, setting down my plate, officially done for the night. Running my tongue over my teeth to rid any lingering foods, Kyri turns to face me, giving me her attention as a genuine smile shifts her face.

"Thank you," I tell her, brushing hair behind my ear.

She nods, "It was no problem, there are a few of Delano's admires that still exist. I'm sorry about that."

"Don't apologize. It's couldn't be any worse than Victoria," I mention with a sneer.

An airy chuckle escapes her as quietness follows behind it, the noise of others enjoying themselves does the small job of drowning out the deep inner thoughts of my mind. I suddenly backtrack and turn my attention toward Kyri once more, just as I open my mouth to question her, she speaks before me.

"Abel and Elieesha are watching the twins," she says, smiling at the tinge of relief I might have shown in my eyes. "I knew that you would need some sort of support dealing with these. . . guests, so I came at the right time."

I watch her and smile, appreciation coursing through my veins, "Thank you."

She reaches out and runs her fingertips down the length of my arm in response, in a sisterly loving matter. Silence soon follows the exchange and I watch as everyone converse and mingle with each other, my eyes flickering to a certain spot that reels me in the direction spiritually.

Delano stands with the same group, his lips moving animatedly as he speaks, the group seems to have grown with males and females giving their congratulations personally. As if sensing the growing feeling of my stare marking his body, his heads swivel in our area. Our eyes collide, and with the collision comes a wave of feelings, the first being one of breathlessness, and soon after the feel of my heart rhythmically changing as if it was trying to sync with his.

Unknowingly, I raise my hand and wave, not knowing what else to do with myself besides stare. Those blue eyes soften around the edges, shining like crystals.