Chapter XLIX

Chapter Forty-Nine | The Truth Is Out
____________

"Come on."

He doesn't wait for me to respond before he walks out the kitchen, leaving me rooted for a few seconds, the stubborn part of me kicked in; giving me the thought to not follow him and just turn back around, but there was also the curious and hungry part of me that wanted to end the questions that still whirled in my head about everything and my purpose.

"Kyri!"

Her response was immediate as her head pops out from the room, I turn my attention to her direction, meeting her gaze.

"Don't leave that room under any circumstance, not until I come back, okay?"

Her head bobs, her fiery curls following the movement while her eyes met mine with their own intensity. I didn't wait long before I turn and follow after Delano, it didn't take long for me catch up since he waited at the end of the hall, he looks over at me when I reach his side; our eyes meet and again that heat began to simmer between us.

He turns away and continues on his way with me following behind.

"Who are you meeting with?" I question, curiosity seeping through my tone.

"A shifter."

My flickers with the small information. "Shifter? You mean like a. . . wolf?"

"Precisamente. He is exactly a wolf," Delano responds, "He's here to share on the matter of trouble that has risen while I've been gone."

I watch the back of his head, starting at the dark tresses and slide my gaze down to the back of his neck to his wide, broad shoulders, my gaze lingering farther down. My heart pounds a few beats faster than before as I slowly raise my gaze back to his head, only to find him staring back at me.

Though being caught checking out his backside, I only meet his gaze with a raised brow, those blue irises darkened considerably at my expression; his jaw working. I quicken my steps to walk by his side instead of behind him, our hands swinging inches from each other. My body rises a few notches in temperature as I hold my head up high, our steps in sync.

"What trouble?" I say as if nothing happened.

He doesn't immediately answer, only for a moment before his lips part open, "That's for the shifter to explain but I will add on."

As the sentence flows from his mouth, the tall doors to the castle's front appear in out sight, workers stood on each side of the door, waiting patiently for Delano to arrive.

"Quanto tempo ha aspettato?"

"Tre minuti, maestà," a male worker answers back.

Delano hums and stares at the dark oak door, "Lo vedo. Apri le porte, per favore."

At his command, both workers grab a handle after shifting a few locks before they gradually pulled each door apart, the slimmest shine of the moon peeking through the crack that grows wider and wider until a figure is revealed, standing in the middle of the door.

He was tall, his shadow stretching out the graveled path behind him, his features were dark and brooding, his build giving off the power somewhat similar to Delano's but nowhere near his, there was a feral aura that surrounds him. The man had tousled dirty blonde hair, dark forest green eyes to complete the look, he didn't wear a shirt; only pants that added to the feral look. His eyes were shielded and dark with an untold history that existed outside these walls.

"Prince Delano," he spoke, greeting Delano gruffly.

"Adam," he mirrored. "Welcome."

The man nods and slowly drifts his gaze away and meets mine, I tilt my head in interest, seeing the flecks of yellow in his eyes as they stared into mine. He analyzes me while I do the same, his wide chest expands with every breath; I don't miss the dilation of his eyes.