Chapter IX

Chapter Nine | Rest
________

His hand immediately clamped down over my mouth, thrusting me up against the building wall. My widen eyes collided with his narrowed ones that brimmed with anger. My heart thuds viciously in my ribcage as I stare up him, he was like an angry beautifully sculpted angel that stared down at me with angry eyes that looked ready to punish me.

"What are you doing?!" he hisses, lowering his face toward my own.

I push against his chest as my response, my veins running with panic and fear in them. He presses his hard body against my front, ceasing all movements, tears burst from my eyes at the feeling of helplessness.

"If you calm down, maybe I'll let you go," Delano states, a couple of minutes of standing still.

I try to move my hands, which were trapped between our bodies, and I could feel the soft thudding of his heart. It was so faint I was afraid it would stop. My blurry eyes snapped up toward his sharp blue ones when his hand slid away from my mouth, but he didn't make a move to step back.

"Why are you doing this?" I cried softly, shutting my eyes in vain.

"I've told you before, and I'll say this for the last time; it's for your safety," he repeats through a sigh, he then grabs my forearm pulling me away from the wall. "Let's go. You've held us back more than we should."

He then proceeds to drag me back toward the front of the motel, and pulling the glass door open and shoving me inside, his grip still on my arm as he walked in behind me. The cool air hits me in the face, my gaze flickering around the lobby that was filled with gold and silver colors spread around the area a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling located in the center. An embroidered rug was placed underneath the chandelier with two seated couches the color of beige placed along opposite walls and wooden coffee tables placed in front of them.

I was pushed toward the front desk, and I couldn't help but turn around and shoot a glare at his direction.

"Ciao Signore, come possiamo aiutarti oggi?" a man at the desk spoke. I frown at the foreign words.

"Tre camere," Delano replied back, his fingertips tapping against the counter top.

The balding man smiled, and nodded, typing away on his computer. I made an attempt to sly my way away from him by scooting to the opposite side only to feel my shoulder bump into someone else's. I scoot away, quietly gasping, and I meet the eyes of the dark-skinned girl; her lip curling back in a snarl-like move. I immediately move back next to him.

That's when the man turns back and hands Delano three separate room cards.

"Ecco, signore, tre camere disponibili," the man says after a moment, his tongue rolling in fluent Italian.

Delano nods, taking the cards and started to walk in another direction not before pulling me along by my arm.

"Buona giornata!" the man calls out.

I try to yank my arm away but his tight grip prevents me, I grit my teeth as I'm hauled roughly towards the elevator.

"Let go of me!" I say, glaring at the side of his head, struggling to break free.

He rolled his eyes and pushed the button to the elevator, after a second they slid open and he pushed me inside first, and he walked in after the other two in tow. I whirled around making a move to slip past him but Eileesha slams her hand against my shoulder as she walked in causing me to stumble back. Delano wound his arm around my waist, holding me tightly against his chest.