Chapter XXX

Chapter Thirty | Family Reunion

_______

A burp airs from my lips and I wave my hand in front of my face, chuckling to myself as I pat my belly. The food had been what was normally made for me at the manor, I was surprised they even had human food here. I turn my head to gaze out the window through the open drapes, the sky was still dark and the stars were clear to see, they wink and glistening in their spots in the sky, shining brightly; I've been in the same room for a couple of hours and I couldn't tell what time it was.

My legs were becoming numb from just sitting and my growing worry for Maddie and her whereabouts weren't helping either, I slip from beneath the covers and my feet connect with the carpet that feels like feathers between my toes.

I limp with the help of the bed as the blood in my veins rush down my legs, leaving a tingling sensation— like pins and needles. I push away from the only thing supporting me, and advance towards the door, hesitantly opening it a crack of a way. There was a slight breeze in the spacious hallway, the atmosphere the same as the room, it was dark and lit up by unseen lights, a mummer of noise echoes in the air drawing my curiosity down the hall.

I open the door wider, taking in the dark brown coated walls with fancy embroidery on the panels, the floor was lined with square wood that was angled a certain way with a deep red slender rug that stretched the length of the hall and centered in the middle. The darkness that illuminated from outside made the hall feel intimidating as I stepped out from the room, the air was chilly causing goosebumps to rise on my arms.

I rubbed my hands up and down my arms, huddling it close to my chest while I made my way down the hall, following the voices.

"Hai un po 'di coraggio per tornare qui!" a woman's voice snaps through the air, sharp and stern.

The voice tickles my ears as I approach the open double doors, the path leads down grand stone stairs where the red rug continued on until the last step, a grand hall was gifted to my eyes. It looked like a ballroom meant for those of importance, hundreds of people could fit in here, it could have been a place for a family to dine and host parties for one another yet. . . it was empty and cold beside the two thrones on a platform across the room.

My eyes immediately pinpointed Delano's form, my body reacting just at the sight of him, he stood in front of a woman and a man, both wearing displeased expression on their beautifully craved faces. They both were dressed in elegant attire, meant for a King and Queen, crowns topping off their outfits.

I took in the features of the man, he looks more and more like Delano despite his red hair, the woman was a different story, her hair was the same shade as Delano's with the same potent blue eyes that he himself always possessed and the more I gazed at her, the more I could see Kyri in her features.

"Non avevo altra scelta." was Delano's plain answer, standing with his hands clasped behind his back.

The woman narrows her eyes, "Questo non giustifica le tue azioni. Hai deciso di andartene, quindi stai lontano." whatever she said must have been harsh from the tone of her voice.

A flicker of movement off to the side of my peripheral view causes me to turn my head, coming face to face with dark red eyes that bore into mine. I couldn’t stop the scream that slips out as I jerk away from the figure, almost tumbling down the steps.

My heart beats erratically in my chest, taking in the woman before me, mid-night black hair framed her face in a bob-cut that reached just below her ears and the sharpest hazel eyes that left me breathless, her pale skin complexion making her eyes pop- I've come to the conclusion that all Vampires had intense eyes that would leave you panting in your spot or frozen.