Chapter VII

Chapter Seven | Taken
_______

I bounced my leg up and down, a nervous habit of mine. I clench my hand that rested on top of my knee before biting my lip. My eyes sweep over the clinic waiting room, a few women waiting like I was and I occupy myself by grabbing a magazine. My thoughts soon then drifted back to the man, his features stuck in my head. He was oddly familiar, leaving an impression on me but I couldn't put my finger on it and without intention, I raise my hand to cup the fading marks, my thumb brushing along them. I creased my eyebrows in thought as one sentence he spoke stood out the most.

'You're in danger.' he had said.

'But from what?' I thought, the same moment my name was called.

I snap my head up from looking down in my lap to see a lady in a white shirt and pink loose pants standing by the door that was at the far front of the room. A clipboard in her hands, she raises her head just as I rose to my feet shakily.

"Kaitlyn?" she asks, raising a brow.

I nod, "Y-yeah that's me." I say as I reach her, my fingers locked together tightly to keep them from shaking.

She gives me a gentle smile, beckoning me forward and through the door. Placing a hand on my shoulder, she guides me down a small hallway and to an open door. I look around the white room, one side has a sink and cabinets around it while on the other there's a high stand mini bed with paper on it. A typical doctor's office.

"You can sit over there and the Doctor will be with you shortly," Nurse Tammy says, then backs out the room and closing the door behind her.

I'm left in silence and my own thoughts. A couple of minutes later the door is open and walked in a brunette in all white clothes, upon seeing me she throws a smile my way while taking the clipboard from the edge of the bed.

"So Kaitlyn Monroe, I see you're here for an. . . abortion." she states, taking a sit on a stool beside the bed.

I lick my lips, my legs shaking. "Yes."

She glances up, "It's okay to be nervous, is this your first time?"

I look off to the side while twiddling my fingers, "Well this is my first time getting pregnant, so. ." I trail off, shrugging.

She chuckles, "Well, I'm Doctor White, and if you don't mind me asking but when did you find out you were carrying?" she asks.

"Two weeks ago," I tell her. "Do, uh, Do I need to have something—"

"Oh no no!" Doctor White cuts in, "Any suctioning involved is only when you're fifteen or so weeks pregnant."

I mutter an 'oh' as she gets up and heads over toward a cabinet then begins digging inside where bottles stood, with an 'aha' she pulls out a blue and white box and then makes her way back over to me.

"Since you're still early in the pregnancy, you'll have to take a few pills. Which is this." she holds up the box, cooking her head to the side her brown hair following the movement.

Doctor White moved her stool closer to me, and sat down, before opening the box then pulling out a white bottle.

"You'll take one of these once you get home," she tells me, "but if you want you can take one now?"

"No, thank you. I'm fine." I say, rubbing at my wrist.

My head was racing when the box was placed in my hand, it felt like weights were dropped into my hand and begin to weigh me down. She gives me a soft smile before nodding, "Once you take this pill you'll be experiencing cramps and a lot of bleeding."