Chapter LVII

Chapter Fifty-Seven | The King
_______

Things after that moment progressed and shifted differently, not only for Kyri and Delano but also for me and my kids. With the death of the leaders over the kingdom, everything will soon begin to fall and perish in the dust if nothing was done soon and fast, so, Delano was forced to take his birthright spot, with little preparation. As fast as these people move, the castle was cleaned thoroughly and removed of anything that reminded of what happened here, but it wasn't forgotten. I have blood on my hands both black and red, it didn't matter how many times I showered; it'll always be there.

There was so much more to the world than what I was shown and I was soon going to find out what all lied inside of it. Weeks past as people prepared, the castled gained new servers to make up for the ones that have fallen in the attack, guards were given and positioned around the area and surroundings, Eileesha took on the role of being in charge of the new guarding system; and the castle was slowly transforming into an area where the ceremony of Delano's crowning will be held.

People from beyond the city that lived below the hill were coming, I overheard, other royals and a few other Purebloods in kingdoms beyond this one were also coming. I haven't seen much of Delano, the last sight I had of him before he was whisked away in the workload of becoming King was him standing over the dead bodies of his parents. Though I never cared much about my parents, in his eyes, he cared a lot more than he let on.

Their ceremony was carried a few days before the cleaning of everything, both buried side by side in the forest where pass Kings and Queens are buried, I had placed flowers from Elizabeth's garden on her grave, remembering that it was created for her since she enjoyed the sight of them.

I was worried about a few other things than just how everything would work out, one being the whereabouts of Maddie and where Adrian had taken her. My last image of her being those red ruby eyes and the snapping of her fangs as she tried to launch herself at me. I know it was going to take some time but I honestly needed a familiar face around me other than Abel's.

I snap away from my thoughts and look down just as Adelia removes her mouth from around my nïpple, blinking sleepily up at me, I smile and raise her head to my lips, deeply kissing her hair and then her neck. Her and Cassius were both getting bigger, about two months old now, and I hated that Delano was missing the small moments.

"Can I turn back around?"

I smile, popping my breast back into my bra as I look up at the back of Abel's head.

"Yes, you can turn back around now."

He hesitates, peeking over my shoulder to make sure none of my goods were showing before he fully faced me with Cassius in his arms, asleep. Cassius seemed to be treating Abel as if he had known him for a very long time, sleeping in his arms and allowing him to play with him while Adelia was some getting used to.

She still gave him one of her stares that often made Abel shudder; I could tell she was often hoping for someone else to look at rather than him.

"She's going to be one mean bîtch when she gets older," he has told me the other day after Adelia glared at him for most of her time up.

My laughter was sudden and abrupt and honestly, it was something I needed with the change in the atmosphere getting to me. I could count on Abel to make me smile or laugh for a little while but my body and heart yearned for the man that too busy to come my way.

I gently smile at the memory, the bed dipping with Abel's weight as he lays Cassius down on his back— immediately flipping to his side.

"Any word?" I ask.