Chapter XXXVI

Chapter Thirty-Six | Bloodthirsty
______

Five Months Later...

Something was wrong.

A short cry left my lips as I tighten my arms around myself, curling into a tighter ball as far as my belly would let me. It felt like a knife was stabbing my abdomen and twisting the knife as deep as it could go, my fingers curled and dug into the fabric of my pillow’s covering.

These past few months have been. . . tough. As each month passed, the worse I got, I heard that pregnancy was supposed to be a beautiful thing despite all the struggles that women go through, yet I almost forgot I was knocked up by a vampire prince. I was sure these babies were taking after the genre of their father, they grew abnormally faster and becoming stronger by the day and sucking the energy out of me.

Each kick they gave me, left bruises and sores on my stomach and when they moved about inside me, they were kicking other organs within me causing all kinds of pain, I couldn't get mad; they were babies, they didn't know they were doing. After the incident at the doctor’s office, Delano had a female— vampire— doctor check me and make sure the twins were okay, she reassures they were strong healthy and growing beautifully but me. . not so much.

I hiss, pressing my hand under my ribs when one twin directly soccer kicks my spleen, I rub the spot, hoping the pain would go away. Opening my eyes, I roll my shirt up over my stomach that was littered with bruises and gaze down while poking the already bruising. From an outside view, it looks like I'm a victim of domestic violence.

“Kaityln. . .” someone calls from the other side of the door, turning my attention away from my body.

I look over the mound of covers and see the door knob twisting open, that has me quickly shifting my shirt back down and throwing the covers back over my body in time that Maddie steps through the threshold.

She carried a tray of food in her arms, the smell immediately drifting into the air and to my nose, causing my stomach to rumble and not in the good kind. As quickly as my pregnant self could, I slip out of the bed and waddle my way towards the bathroom in time for me to fall to the toilet and vomit nothing but acid, it passes out my throat with a burning sensation.

I cough, my breath disgusting as I lean back and climb to my feet with the help of hands under my arms, I'mead to the sink where I hunch over and catch my breath.

“This is getting ridiculous,” Maddie says, moving around me and flushing the toilet. “There is something wrong with you, you shouldn’t be this way.”

I shake my head, moving my hand under the faucet and water immediately shoots out pooling in my makeshift hand cup, I rinse my mouth out and quickly brush my teeth. Wiping my mouth with the back of my hand, I stare at the girl in the mirror that stares back at me.

Her cheeks were hollowed, the bones protruding from beneath, she looked frail, pale and so close to death, her arms were skinny and looked as if they could barely hold her up; her once bright brown eyes were a dull muddy color. I could see the outline of my spine was visible in my hunched over position.

I stand up straighter, folding my hands under my stomach and gaze drops to the outlining of it in my shirt. I look ready to give birth any minute, but I’m far from it, I was six months portraying eight months. I catch Maddie’s eyes through the mirror, expression sadden as she looks at me.

“I’m fine.”

“Kaitlyn you don’t have to li—”

“I’m fine, okay?” I force, waddling out of the bathroom, my lower back aching.