Chapter LIV

Before anyone says anything now, remove the book from your library and reload the book, I have rearrange some chapters start from chapter LI. Happy reading.
_________

Chapter Fifty-Four | Essence of Time
____________

I scream in pure agony as pain slams into my senses and floods me whole. I gargle the blood that's swelling in my mouth and spilling down my chin. I clench my teeth to keep the rest of my voice locked inside as my fangs dig into my bottom as the creature's jaw tighten around my shoulder. My hands claw at the earth, dirt, and grass caking beneath my nails.

The pain was unbearable, it didn't compare to the pain I felt as I was changed into a creature of the night but I felt it; it was ripping, and tearing at my senses and replacing all I knew to pain. Its jagged teeth sunk deeper into my flesh, the tips scraping against bone. I couldn't hold in the scream that crawls from the depths of me and shatter the air.

I splutter, crimson flying from my mouth.

Feet appear in front of me, my gaze trail up to the face of Victoria — her sadistic pleasure of the situation coming off of her in waves. Her eyes that held their natural color were now consumed by red hues, the bloodlust deep within them rattling me to the core and only causing my rage to burn heavier in the pit of my stomach. Something much darker poured from her essence making my senses aware of what a danger she truly is; something happened within the time span she was gone.

"Look at you," she coos mockingly as I glare up at her, "Pathetic and on the brink of death."

A growl rumbles from my chest that's soon cut short as the creature on my back sinks its claws in my arm, adding on to the pain. Victoria laughs at me, lowering herself to her knees to stare down at me, those red eyes heavy with pleasure.

"I didn't think this would work. . ." she laughs again, looking me over my bloodied state. "We did warn you, we were coming."

My shock was clear, crystal clear and visible to see in my eyes, she enjoyed the look more than anything, her eyes glowing brighter. I finally take notice of the moving shadows within the shadows of the trees, the breeze whirling in the small clearing, my eyes flicker around and take note of all the creatures like the one on my back; all protruding from the shadows and making themselves known. There had to be a dozen of them.

"Don't worry," her voice grabs my attention back, "I'll take good care of Cassius and Adelia," she taunts and wags her fingers at me in farewell.

Her back was all I could see from the ground and in the direction of the castle. I jerk in place, wanting to get up and end this all, the thing on my back weighed like an anchor and kept me in place. The creatures inched from the shadows.

"Stop!" I call out, "Don't you dare touch them!"

"VICTORIA!!"

Her figure grows farther as the creature finally moves on my back. I grit my teeth as my breathing picks up and soon I'm panting, panic and anger fueling my movements as I remove my hands from the depths of the ground and bend them back to where I scratch at the creatures head. Flesh builds up under my nails, I was only causing slight pain. I growl, deep and angered, my hands planting by my head while I slowly push myself up off the ground, my mind zaps with an idea before I found myself thrusting forward the same time the two in front of me moved.

Sliding along the ground, the stick was soon within my grasp as I wheel around and meet one of the creatures head on, one of its claws dragged across my stomach — blood seeped from the wound.

My fangs sink into lower lip out of pain but I keep going; I go beneath its reaching hands and drive the stick through its chest with enough force for the blunt tip to pierce through its flesh and too its heart. An ear-splitting noise retches from the thing, the thing pushing me back; it stumbled a few feet away, screeching and hollering its pain, the hands hovering over the protruding stick. Black blood oozed from the corners, slipping down its front like water.