Chapter XXIV

Chapter Twenty-Four | Strong Stick Together
________

I gape at the man beside, taking in his hostile expression and I couldn't help stepping away from him. While his attention was distracted, I gazed at the man across the room, a sense of familiarity coming from him once more, my gaze then clashes with Maddie's and she nods me over.

"How am I an idiot?" the man questions, raising a brow.

"Not only did you reveal your nature to a human," Delano glares, seeming to have calmed a bit. "But we have to keep her here so she won't spread word about our existence."

"You can count on that, you sick fücks!"

They both ignored her.

The brown-eyed man flickers his gaze over me and back to Delano. "What about her? I bet she doesn't know, yet."

"On the contrary, she does."

With their attention on each other, I rush across the room as quick as I can and in front of Maddie, kneeling to the ground.

"Are you okay?" I move a curl from her face gazing up at her face, a familiar one that I missed so much.

"I'm fine. Can you untie these ropes? He tied these bitches tight as hell." she twist her wrist for emphasis.

I nod and move around the chair and work the ropes loose while keeping an eye on the two men ahead of us. Eileesha watched the both of us both with dull eyes before moving her gaze back to the men.

"How?" the man asks, crossing his arms. "Finally decided to tell her everything, knowing she's carrying your first born." amusement swirled in the depths of his eyes.

Delano lifted his lip in a small snarl, the action doing things to my body, tensing up I turn my eyes away and finish untangling the ropes with my cheeks burning a new high.

"This is no time for jokes, Adrian, we've ran into trouble while at the doctor's office." he responded, his tone holding no emotion in it.

The ropes finally fall from around Maddie's wrist, and she brings them from around the chair rubbing at pink area.

"C'mon we have to get out of here." she whispers, rising from the chair.

I stare as she fixes her rugged clothes into the right places, and turns towards me, and I realize I haven't said anything.

"I. . I can't — I mean, I don't think. . ." I trail off, not knowing what to say.

There was a time where I prayed that Maddie would show up and whisk me away from my captors and back home where we both belonged, but now that she was here; I was hesitant. I swallow the lump in my throat, looking from her to Delano and see that him and the other guy—Adrian — was already staring at us.

"We don't have time," she grabs my arms and pulls me to my feet, turning around and pushing me behind her.

"And where do you think you're going?" Adrian asks, turning is body towards us.

"Away from here, away from you monsters."

"Don't say that, you're going to hurt my feelings."

Adrian grins at Maddie's furious expression and takes a step forward, she takes a step back her arm coming back and pushing me more behind her.

"Don't come any closer," Maddie hissed, keeping her stern glare on Adrian and the other two.

My own gaze flickered to Delano who wasn't doing a thing, he stayed back and watched with emotionless eyes as if he didn't care that I went away- a part of my heart throbbed at that realization. He crossed his arms, and met my gaze head on staring me down, a gleam in his eyes daring me to do something.