S3.49_lunar

Chapter 49

Another day had passed, meaning that he had been unconscious for five days in total. His cheeks had sunken and he looked paler than yesterday. Sitting next to his bed, she held little Fluffy in her arms. Soo stroke the white rabbit's fur softly while stealing glances of Wang So from time to time.

This night she felt extremely anxious, hence she brought Fluffy with her to spend the night. Earlier this morning had Jimong visited. Compared to the other days, Jimong looked much more tired. He had dark circles around the eyes as if he hadn't got any sleep for a couple of nights.

Soo had never seen Jimong look that devastated and messy. He wasn't wearing his robes properly, and she didn't know how long it has been since he had taken a bath. Jimong had probably been troubled, due to the sign he received from the stars. Apparently Wang So's star was starting to fade, and to figure out why Jimong had been working all night to figure out.

And finally, he got an answer today.

It was soon the time for a lunar eclipse. According to Jimong, this could be an obstacle that wouldn't be easy to overcome. Whether Wang So would wake up or not, would depend on this night. If Wang So didn't open his eyes tonight, then maybe he wouldn't return at all.

Soo once said that she wished for him to have a happy ending with Ha Jin, but when the time arrived, she couldn't congratulate him with a happy smile. It might sound shameful, but there was a part of her that wished that he would wake up.

Maybe it was just for mere comfort, but Jimong kept telling her not to lose hope. Jimong kept saying, that "as long as milady keeps calling his name,  he might wake up."

"I thought that bringing you here would somehow help him wake up," Soo said, to Fluffy.

"But it didn't seem to work...."

She looked out of the window. The moon was still round and full, meaning that the eclipse hasn't begun yet.

"It is sad, that you don't even get to say goodbye. I know how fond you are of him, although he was your predator." Her voice decreased at the last sentence. Although Soo tried to smile, it wasn't easy to do so. Although she still raised a tiny bit of hope, Soo wasn't sure how long she would keep that hope alive.

Soo stood up from the floor and dared to sit beside his bed. Her eyes wandered to the thin blanket on top of him. To her relief, it was still making small lifting movements around his chest.

Wang So.

Wang So.

Wang So.

Soo had called out for who knows how many times, but he didn't even react.

Maybe because you know that I am not her, that I am not Ha Jin. She thought. Little did Soo know, that the problem was that she didn't call out the correct name. Cause the soul residing this body was no longer Wang So, hence there was no way he would react to that name.

Times ticked by. Although she pretended not to be affected, Soo could still feel the anxiety crept on her. Unable to sit calmly, Soo stood up and walked outside the house. Went to the wooden cage and opened it. She was about to put Fluffy inside, but then she stopped. Cause Soo realized that there was no reason to. Fluffy no longer needs protection. There was no one that would threaten its life. The danger was gone, because the one who wanted to kill it, would no longer be present after tonight.

Instead of putting the white bunny inside the cage, Soo kneeled down and placed it on the grass.

"I return your freedom to you," Soo said."You are free now."

As soon as Fluffy's small paws reached the ground, the little white thing ran excitedly. When the little white dot was disappearing in the dark, Soo then turned her head at the sky looking with watery eyes. The moon was half-covered in darkness, and it wouldn't be long before the eclipse would be at its fullest.

Suddenly images of her last conversation with Wang So surfaced. Maybe because this might be her last chance for her to actually be with him, all their moments came rushing before her eyes. Soo recalled his every word and every action. Regret washed over her and she felt a wave of sadness for being so cold towards him.

She walked in her own trance, not noticing that she was back at the house. Standing next to his bed, Soo looked down unaware of how she got here in the first place. He was still lying there untouched, not knowing what was happening around him. Walking past him, she didn't even have the courage to look at him. Regretful, she took the folded clothes that were next to his bed, the one he had asked her to patch. Inside the pile of clothes was a little box, which she had not noticed. The little box fell to the ground and broke into to.

Soo kneeled down, carefully taking out the contents that were inside the box. It was a necklace of silver attached with a little half-moon in the middle.

A necklace?

Inside the box was a little book. Soo took it up and flipped the pages. It appeared to be some kind of storybook which she fell for at once as she read the title "Sorry"

Carefully, she turned the pages as she scanned the plot.

[Page 1]

I didn't know why she begged for her life when seeing my face for the first time, but now I do.

[Page 2]

I didn't know why she said "I was afraid of getting hurt," and trembled in fear, but now I do.

[Page 3]

I didn't know why she reminded me of someone when we first met, but now I do.

[Page 4]

I didn't hesitate to take her with me the first day we met, because I once had seen her in my dreams. At that time I thought I was crazy, but now I know that it was not just a dream. It was reality, a reality I was living in.

[Page 5]

I figured out, that it was her all along.

It had always been her.

As Soo read the last page of the books, the tears that she had been holding suddenly overflowed. Her tears stained the yellow pages, making small wet dots on the dry paper.

What were all these?

How could he know all this?

The book in her hands dropped to the ground as Soo walked with painful steps towards his bed. Tears ran down her face as she looked at the pale complexion of his skin and the dark sunken eye bags. With a whimper that was barely audible, Soo loosened a shaky breath as she again called for his name.

"Junki."

She called out, but got no answer.

"Lee Junki," She said again, unable to hide the tremor in her voice.

Silence. Not even a little change was evident in his facial expression. Not a single twitch of his arched brows or a little movements in his fingers.

Tears streamed down her face, as she found herself in the pit of hopelessness. Why didn't he wake up when she was calling his name?

Ha Jin once said that Soo wouldn't be able to wake up in Ha Jin's body, cause there was no one to call out her name. But now, Soo was calling out his name, she would do it ten times, even a hundred or thousand times, but why didn't he react?

What did she do wrong?!

Could it be that Ha Jin lied to her? No, it wouldn't be the case. Ha Jin wasn't a liar. What am I thinking...

Running through her mind Soo tried to figure out the reason and then the thought hit her. She had been calling out the wrong name, cause his real name was...

"Hwang... Jun... So...?"

A/N: Yuuuhoo!

Guys, can you tell me how much you like Junki's new drama? Cause I am in loooove with it! His character is so deeply developed and the story is just so good. I can't get enough of it.😭