S3.17_Aim_shoot

Chapter 17

"No!" The words sounded, setting everything on halt. Yo's dagger was slightly dipped in red and the Emperor's sword was just in same colour. Upon the horrified scream of dowager both men froze in their action.

The Dowager pushed the guard aside, storming in with frantic terror. She was still in her white undergarments, the long untidied hair and fell along her back. It seemed like she had rushed to this place with the speed that not even her maidservant had the chance to follow.

"Put that sword down!" The dowager yelled, running to the emperor and pulled his arm, had the emperor given in she might had struggled less.

"Don't you hear me put that sword away!"

"Mother," Yo said flustered. Seeing his mother in this messed state was also his first. Strangely only the emperor seemed unaffected, it was as if he already had seen this come.

"What are you just standing there for? Take the Dowager away!" The emperor roared. Immediately some guards came up and draw the Dowager away from the emperor.

"How dare you? Let go of me?!" With all her might she fought against the two guards holding her. Breaking free from their hold she rushed to the Emperor's side holding his arm like she would never let go.

"I'm your mother! You must obey my words! Put that sword down instantly."

Pouring out a long exhale the emperor finally gave the Dowager the attention she begged for. His head turned at her but his sword was still resting at Yo's neck.

"Walking in here at this hour, seeing this scene yet mother's first word is for me to put my sword away? Don't you find it quite laughable?"

"Laughable? For a stranger his majesty point the sword at his own brother, what is more shameful than that?" The dowager spoke those brazen words without even blinking an eye. Indeed all she could see was the life of her dear son, whatever happens to others was her only a minor problem. While the emperor only had his eye on Soo, the Dowager solely has hers for Yo.

"Pointing a sword at his own brother..." a dark gaze formed on the emperor's eyes. "I could even kill this traitor without a blink of an eye."

The dowager felt no different as if the floor under her collapsed. Never in her wildest imagination did she thought that Wang So, her disgrace, would have power to act against will.

"You can't do that." The Dowager whispered, terror filled her voice as she knew That she no longer had control over her son's feeling. The muddled emperor no longer saw her as his mother. He was a thorn in her eyes and had now realised his fully potential.

"No you can't do that! Not to my son. No! No!"

"Men take the dowager away!"

While screaming and crying the Dowager Was dragged away in a terrified mind. She kept repeating the words over and over again, that it couldn't happen and that the emperor must not hurt her son.

The dowager's scream gradually subdued but still bearable in the range of field. As his mother was out of sight the Emperor's eyes once again landed on Wang Yo.

The cold eyes on the emotionless face was Yo strangely unfamiliar. Yo didn't have many opportunity to meet his brother, but for sure the current Wang So was far more different than he remembered. More ruthless more determined.