S2.56_Returned - CV

Chapter 56

Jieun didn't have anywhere else to go except one place. This house didn't felt like a home longer, she felt the unwelcomeness poison making every part of her hurt and pained. She wanted to get away from here from everyone.

The cold wind of the night was nothing compared to the coldness she felt from him. No, she couldn't take it anymore, she had tried, she had done whatever she could. She didn't surrender. She just utterly lost.

Standing at the road, hugging herself tightly to get a little warmth Jieun waved for a taxi. With the last money in her wallet, she already knew what it should be used for. A taxi soon pulled over and she went inside it.

"Where are you going, Miss?" The driver asked looking at her through the back mirror, his expression went horrid when seeing her face. Her eyeliner was all smeared, letting dark lines trailing down her cheeks while her eyes were firing red.

Sucking a deep breath, Jieun let out a trembling exhale before telling the destination in her hoarse voice.

"The lake of Pocheon."

When Jieun arrived at her destination the moon was already plastered on the surface of the lake mirroring the reflection of the sky above. She had never been here but her mind somehow recognized this place due to the collected piece of memory from Ha Jin. It was one among the memory Jieun felt grateful for knowing, it was one of those that didn't tear her apart, that didn't yank her awake in the middle of the night, leaving tears staining her cheeks.

Thanks to this one memory, she might be able to go back but most importantly get away from this place. A place which made her feel suffocating, making every breath painful and tiring. She stood on the bridge. Only a few steps from each. Jieun took a step further. A step followed by another step.

The phone in her bag vibrated, urging her to take it out. However, how long it called, how long it persisted she didn't take it out. The screen kept flashing inside her bag, as the missed calls piled. The name Joohyuk popped a dozen times which soon was followed by Jeongso's and Baekeun. Despite the phone pestering attempts, she didn't take it.

Why bother? It would just hurt them more.

Jieun tossed the bag in the lake, and soon the interrupting buzzing drowned in the depth of the water. Jieun closed her eyes, taking in a trembling breath as she slowly moved forward. Half of her shoes was past the edge of the wooden bridge, and underneath was the dark water.

"Where are you going beauty???"

A rough hand grabbed Jieun's and pulled her into his embrace. She looked up to see the taxi driver, a horrifying smile was plastered across his face.

"W...w...hat are you doing?"

Jieun broke his hug but didn't manage to run. There was only the lake at her back, while the driver had already blocked her path at her front.

"If you are planning on leaving, why not do give this man a little fun before leaving?"

The man bent down touching her face. A chill ran down her spine as the dry skin of his finger trailed down her cheeks to her jaw. Pearls ran down her temples as her heart raced, as her skin detected the disgusting touch of his finger.

"Go away..."

"Oh love-"

"Go away!!" Her cries echoed, yet no one was to answer.

Her hands were the only thing pulling her limbing body away from him. Then. Suddenly she couldn't feel any solid ground under her palm. Jieun turned back to see that she had reached the edge of the bridge. She knew there was only one escape, the situation just made it less an of hesitation. She clutched her other hand on the chest of her shirt, preparing her mind for the last decision she might even take in this life.