✔️Prologue

The smell of sedation roamed in the room behind closed doors. The girl laying on the bed was dressed in white robes with the word hospital printed vertically on the striped material. The anesthetic in her body made her feel numb, even moving her fingers required more work than thought.

Where am I? Jieun thought as she unsuccessfully attempted to open the heavy eyelids. Her vision was blurred, with her half-opened eyes, she glimpsed the figure of a black blur surrounded by faded brightness.

The slender man stood with his back facing her, he held his phone to his ear while peeking through the narrow space of the pisse curtains that he made with his two fingers.

"People already recognized me, what else should I've done?" The man said. His tone made it clear that whatever it was, it wasn't done by willingness. Jieun spotted the blurred silhouette of the man through narrowed eyes. She didn't know who he was speaking to, but he didn't sound happy.

"Like you always do, let others do the hard work." A thick voice responded through the phone.

Jieun figured out that the man in front of her wasn't insane but was actually speaking to someone. Though she couldn't see anyone beside him, she heard a thick deep voice respond to his question.

"If that homeless drunkard didn't provoke me..." The man took his hands to his forehead, shook his head in frustration.

He turned back with a frowned expression and noticed her trying to sit up with the support of her trembling arms.

"I'm hanging up." Was the last sentence she heard from him.

Jieun suddenly felt a light stroke of air, brush against her skin as the man lightly waved his hand from side to side in front of her. His weight made the mattress curve, making her heart skipped a beat as she felt his presence near. Never had she been that close to a man.

"Are you coming to your sense?" He asked her.

Jieun tried shaking away the drowsiness with a slight head shake. A grin of an unknown reason was forming on his lips as he observed her trying to gain control of her own body. She shut her eyes tight and slowly parted her eyelids in order to adjust to the brightness. Her vision became clearer, once she got the full picture of the man in front of her, her eyes opened wide and her body flinched in fear.

The sedative that had put her nerve on a slump vanished like thin air making her body trembling uncontrollably without her permission. The only hindrance for her to pull herself away from him was the wall at her back.

Jieun's unusual behavior made the man worry and slightly panic. The brief moment their eyes met, was enough to let him see, that the eyes held fear from a source he didn't know of.

"Are you okay?" His hand reached for her shoulder, but as it wasn't worth dust Jieun slapped his hand away. She hadn't yet gained full control of her body, hence she lost balance and fell down from the bed.

First now did he figure out the source of her fear. It was him.

Blame him for getting offended, but that was exactly what he felt. She didn't even thank him for saving her but on the contrary, gave him the eyes as if he was some trashy rapist. His heels turned at the door as he stood up, but before he could proceed a pair of trembling hands desperately wrapped around his ankle.

"Please" Jieun uttered, nearly a whisper. "I didn't see your face."

Irritation was replaced with confusion, her hands were holding his feet, but it was her words that held him back.

"I-I-I didn't see anything, I won't tell anybody, please spare my life" Jieun desperately pleaded with her sobbing voice. Her eyes were tightly closed, but not even that was enough to block the tears from escalating down the wet cheeks. The man frowned at her, eventually bent down beside her to take a closer look. His hand extended to touch her chin, gently he lifted it so she would face him. Jieun let his hand lift her head with no resistance but still with squeezed eyes closed. She didn't dare to fight back the man in front of her.

"Don't forget," He said painfully tender.

Jieun still felt the warmth in his finger and the beating rhythm of her own pumping blood that was beating against the hand holding her chin up. Her mind was clouded but she still heard him, every word sound and clear.

Don't forget, he said.

Was that the death sentence?  Jieun asked herself.

Is this the last memory of my life?

A/N: What do you think? Hope you'll give some feedback about what I should do with this story or what could be done better.

*****

P.S Explaining note

Thick letters indicate a phone call or messages

Thoughts are written in italic

.

.

.

dot's down indicate a time skip.

Thank you for your time and hope you'll enjoy the story ^^